The Student Room Group

future plans for candidates who didnt get offer from medical school 2014

just wondering what others are thinking or planning after hearing rejections from four medical school'
I am thinking of gap year and work experience and apply again next year.
Reply 1
Hi I'm in the same position as you, having been rejected from 4 medical schools. Although it's horrible to be rejected, I am planning to get my grades this year and take a gap year to gain more experience, do more voluntary work and then hopefully reapply.
Reply 2
Original post by Nafees
just wondering what others are thinking or planning after hearing rejections from four medical school'
I am thinking of gap year and work experience and apply again next year.

I've had 3 so am planning for the worst. So far im thinking reapply grades allowing, HCA and travelling!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Haven't a clue what am doing!

This is my second time round, dont know if I should reply?

My UKCAT doesnt seem to be improving at all, everything else is fine!

I want it so badly but they just make it impossible with there silly wee tests!!
Reply 4
Original post by Ama2007
Haven't a clue what am doing!

This is my second time round, dont know if I should reply?

My UKCAT doesnt seem to be improving at all, everything else is fine!

I want it so badly but they just make it impossible with there silly wee tests!!

Maybe you should try bmat or unis which put little/no emphasis on ukcat if that's what's stopping you making it to interview?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Original post by em.d_4
Maybe you should try bmat or unis which put little/no emphasis on ukcat if that's what's stopping you making it to interview?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ones which do BMAT or no tests at all, am not eligible for because of my Scottish Qualifications. Although I do have a good degree.
Reply 6
Original post by Ama2007
Ones which do BMAT or no tests at all, am not eligible for because of my Scottish Qualifications. Although I do have a good degree.

They dont accept Scottish highers at all or wete yours not good enough to meet the entry criteria? They do seem to havr crazy high academic criteria

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Which medical colleges do clearance?
Reply 8
Original post by Ama2007

More medical schools are using BMAT next year, including BSMS and Leeds. What are your stats?
Reply 9
Original post by la95
More medical schools are using BMAT next year, including BSMS and Leeds. What are your stats?

Graduate MPharm 2.1
2 Years experience in HC

Scottish Highers AAAAC
Plenty of W/E charity work.

Hate the UKCAT
Can write really good PS
Applied twice (2013,2012)

Dont know if I should apply again!!!
Is it possible to apply for a Medicine course through the Extra option on UCAS?
Reply 11
Original post by brbwafflesyay
Is it possible to apply for a Medicine course through the Extra option on UCAS?

Theoretically yes buy med courses are never undersubscribed so won't ever hit extra

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest