The Student Room Group

English Lang/Lit B

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by xxvine
ahhh yeah but i was told language features is what gets you the higher marks so don't spend too much time communing on graphology

I really hope the steer of the question is good! The last couple of papers have been tricky in that you have had to use precise texts.
This is the last year of the food anthology so hopefully AQA will be kind!

What do you think the steer might be this year? I've studied a good 12 solid texts; some of them I look at and think I'd struggle to write an essay on them worth 64 marks!

Also I'm with you on focussing more on language, that's what I looked at on examiners reports. Just wanna get it over and done with.
Reply 21
Original post by xxvine
ahhh yeah but i was told language features is what gets you the higher marks so don't spend too much time communing on graphology

I really hope the steer of the question is good! The last couple of papers have been tricky in that you have had to use precise texts.
This is the last year of the food anthology so hopefully AQA will be kind!

i want it to be on something simple, the steer i had in my mock was something we hadn't even looked at much so i was surprised to do reasonably well (i got a B 3 marks off an A)
Reply 22
Original post by RS94
What do you think the steer might be this year? I've studied a good 12 solid texts; some of them I look at and think I'd struggle to write an essay on them worth 64 marks!

Also I'm with you on focussing more on language, that's what I looked at on examiners reports. Just wanna get it over and done with.

Ahhhh tell me about it
The thing is my college didnt go through all the texts, he went through about 15. Im screwed if a horrible steer comes up!
You done any past papers yet
Reply 23
Original post by tgwktm
i want it to be on something simple, the steer i had in my mock was something we hadn't even looked at much so i was surprised to do reasonably well (i got a B 3 marks off an A)

Ahhhh what was the steer?
Its so vital you pick the right texts to compare
What essay structure are you using btw
Original post by xxvine
Hows revision going...?exams are approaching but need to go through my notes and do some past papers!

Have you gone through all the texts?

I haven't done any past papers but as from tomorrow that is gonna change I've done 6 texts so far. Waking up at 5 to do some more and going in a first block even though I don't even start till 11.

I'm so scared for this. The A2 is hard as it! I need to learn the key words seem to have forgotten that. ;(

What do you think are the most important after the langauge features I really hope the 64 is something on happy memory or brings a sad one. I
The 48 marker I don't even what to think of ;(

Help!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 25
Original post by xxvine
Ahhhh tell me about it
The thing is my college didnt go through all the texts, he went through about 15. Im screwed if a horrible steer comes up!
You done any past papers yet

Neither did mine! The last 7 or so texts I haven't studied, I've tried to self annotate but it's not proving effective. I've looked at past papers and the poems seem to be suitable texts so I'm hoping to use at least one of those.

I did one today! Have you done any? Don't understand why both sections can't be 48 marks each...
Original post by RS94
Neither did mine! The last 7 or so texts I haven't studied, I've tried to self annotate but it's not proving effective. I've looked at past papers and the poems seem to be suitable texts so I'm hoping to use at least one of those.

I did one today! Have you done any? Don't understand why both sections can't be 48 marks each...

Self annotating is hard!!! Fam I have no idea how I'm gonna mange that in the exam this week from now I'm allowing all my other subjects need to focus more on English. So scared!!!

The 64 marker is the one I'm most okaish with. 48 marker is.... Out there.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 27
Original post by AnimeCrazy
I haven't done any past papers but as from tomorrow that is gonna change I've done 6 texts so far. Waking up at 5 to do some more and going in a first block even though I don't even start till 11.

I'm so scared for this. The A2 is hard as it! I need to learn the key words seem to have forgotten that. ;(

What do you think are the most important after the langauge features I really hope the 64 is something on happy memory or brings a sad one. I
The 48 marker I don't even what to think of ;(

Help!

Posted from TSR Mobile

hey
that question would be hard......what texts would you use?
'eating out' and what? I haven't really done 'grandpa's soup' in detail.
Actually could you use 'the review of the modern bar'...he talks about a sad experience but not sure if that is classified as a 'memory'.

Yeah the a2 is hard. I think learn all the terms like fillers, filled pauses etc.. and do past papers
Reply 28
Self annotating is hard!!! Fam I have no idea how I'm gonna mange that in the exam this week from now I'm allowing all my other subjects need to focus more on English. So scared!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

48 marker?

isn't it 64 and 32 marks?
Reply 29
Original post by RS94

Erm nah but gonna do some in the next few days! I am really scared cos this is my last chance and i need a good grade!

I just hope AQA are really kind because this is the last exam before a new anthology is released!

i only really know about 12/13 texts... this is worrying. LOL
Original post by xxvine
hey
that question would be hard......what texts would you use?
'eating out' and what? I haven't really done 'grandpa's soup' in detail.
Actually could you use 'the review of the modern bar'...he talks about a sad experience but not sure if that is classified as a 'memory'.

Yeah the a2 is hard. I think learn all the terms like fillers, filled pauses etc.. and do past papers

Omg Grandpa soup I'm so happy with I've done it in a lot of detail!! My teacher gave me some papers that basically had to do with it its so good. And yeah I would use Grandpa soup and eating out. There was a couple my teacher was saying need yo ask her. Or how about something associated with love? That can be a lot like looking into the reviews.

Gonna need to learn the key words and re read the book 4 times (that's what the teacher said)

I don't know if you can what I sent but there is another page on grandpa soup in that format. This is basically the teachers guide to the anthology. And its got all the texts included. So if you need anymore ill take another better picture and send you them all. Just ask if you need more

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 31
Original post by xxvine
Erm nah but gonna do some in the next few days! I am really scared cos this is my last chance and i need a good grade!

I just hope AQA are really kind because this is the last exam before a new anthology is released!

i only really know about 12/13 texts... this is worrying. LOL

This is my last chance as well! I think there is a chance to resit the paper next year but I'm not doing that!

What grade are you aiming for? I'm aiming for a C, but if I could get a B I'd be really happy.
Reply 32

Posted from TSR Mobile

Don't worry I'm sure you'll be fine :smile:

What book are you studying for the A2 exam?
Reply 33
Omg Grandpa soup I'm so happy with I've done it in a lot of detail!! My teacher gave me some papers that basically had to do with it its so good. And yeah I would use Grandpa soup and eating out. There was a couple my teacher was saying need yo ask her. Or how about something associated with love? That can be a lot like looking into the reviews.

Gonna need to learn the key words and re read the book 4 times (that's what the teacher said)

I don't know if you can what I sent but there is another page on grandpa soup in that format. This is basically the teachers guide to the anthology. And its got all the texts included. So if you need anymore ill take another better picture and send you them all. Just ask if you need more

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes can you send me both pages please! That would be so helpful. I haven't studied this text before and i am going to learn it without a teacher because i think it is a very useful one that can be used with many steers!
Reply 34
Original post by RS94
This is my last chance as well! I think there is a chance to resit the paper next year but I'm not doing that!

What grade are you aiming for? I'm aiming for a C, but if I could get a B I'd be really happy.

I would love an A but doubt i will get it:frown:
Reply 35
Original post by xxvine
I would love an A but doubt i will get it:frown:

How many points have you been told to make? I'm struggling with this, because I don't want to write about loads of pointless features without going into depth.

Also I'm trying to practice section A but all the sources are copyrighted!
Reply 36
Original post by xxvine
Ahhhh what was the steer?
Its so vital you pick the right texts to compare
What essay structure are you using btw

duty- annoying cause it was one we hadn't even looked at before
i don't really know if i have any particular structure, i just do an introduction which includes the context of the extract. the next few paragraphs are written around each dramatic effect, then i do a conclusion. i just like to write it as it comes to me
Reply 37
Original post by tgwktm
duty- annoying cause it was one we hadn't even looked at before
i don't really know if i have any particular structure, i just do an introduction which includes the context of the extract. the next few paragraphs are written around each dramatic effect, then i do a conclusion. i just like to write it as it comes to me

Thats a horrible steer
What texts could you possbily use?!?
Reply 38
Original post by xxvine
Thats a horrible steer
What texts could you possbily use?!?

i manged to write something with the extract available to get me a B, but everyone in my class said it was hard
Reply 39
Original post by tgwktm
i manged to write something with the extract available to get me a B, but everyone in my class said it was hard

what texts from the anthology did you use?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending