The Student Room Group

Animation BA - LCC or Arts Bournemouth?

Hey guys! I'm trying to decide between going to LCC or Arts Bournemouth to study animation.
I really liked LCC but I don't know if the program itself is better than the one at Arts Bournemouth.. I'm very confused!

Is anyone currently studying at one of this schools/ planning to?

Thanks!
Reply 1
Why not compare the showreels of students who have studied at the two courses... I don't think it will take you long to make up your mind after that :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by moid
Why not compare the showreels of students who have studied at the two courses... I don't think it will take you long to make up your mind after that :smile:

actually I've already watched both but I still can't decide! ahah
any suggestions?
Reply 3
Original post by ritaldraw
actually I've already watched both but I still can't decide! ahah
Original post by ritaldraw

any suggestions?

You can see how some of the animation courses are different by looking at the actual course structures as well, what they teach in, and how they teach, etc. E.g. AUB is very traditional in first year. I didn't look much at LCC before and just now seeing their 2008 showreel (I couldn't find others), it wasn't as good quality as AUB imo. I know AUB has a great reputation, having been to the open day and interview I thought it was a great place and everyone seemed very enthusiastic. You have to feel comfortable there :smile: I think you went to interview/got a place?

If you google certain uni's graduates work, blogs, CVs that might help you decide too. You can look at employment stats & where people go to work after the degree. On the AUB website they have posted some graduates blogs as a start. You might already have done a lot of that, but that's what comes to mind. : )

I am trying to decide between two unis myself (AUB & Hertfordshire)!

Good luck :smile:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by beabird

You can see how some of the animation courses are different by looking at the actual course structures as well, what they teach in, and how they teach, etc. E.g. AUB is very traditional in first year. I didn't look much at LCC before and just now seeing their 2008 showreel (I couldn't find others), it wasn't as good quality as AUB imo. I know AUB has a great reputation, having been to the open day and interview I thought it was a great place and everyone seemed very enthusiastic. You have to feel comfortable there :smile: I think you went to interview/got a place?

If you google certain uni's graduates work, blogs, CVs that might help you decide too. You can look at employment stats & where people go to work after the degree. On the AUB website they have posted some graduates blogs as a start. You might already have done a lot of that, but that's what comes to mind. : )

I am trying to decide between two unis myself (AUB & Hertfordshire)!

Good luck :smile:

This was quite helpful to read!
Are you at AUB now? If so, what's the course like there?

Quick Reply

Latest