The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
clubber-lang
I am not the fattest of people, I am a bit tubby but not one of the fattest in my school or nothing, yet whilst people fatter or equal to me dont, I have manboobs:frown: . How do I get rid of them???

Hmmm. Lose some weight.
Reply 2
clubber-lang
I am not the fattest of people, I am a bit tubby but not one of the fattest in my school or nothing, yet whilst people fatter or equal to me dont, I have manboobs:frown: . How do I get rid of them???

aww don't worry about it mate its not hard to do.

simple cardio will do the trick nicely. Just do a mixture of some swimming and running and you will be fine :smile:
yeh defo swimmng and running helps lose weight quite fast i do it quite intesnsive ie running twice a day and swimming once ? any q's jus drop me a message
Reply 4
yep swimming and running.

I do a 3 mile run each morning or I'll go to my local crappy pool and swim 40 lengths.

I can tell you from experience it does the trick. Just do it, I know it's hard to do and hard to get up and actually do it but believe me it will pay off in the long run. (excuse the pun).

Just do it!

Can't wait until I'm back using the olympic pool in Swansea!yep swimming and running.

I do a 3 mile run each morning or I'll go to my local crappy pool and swim 40 lengths.

I can tell you from experience it does the trick. Just do it, I know it's hard to do and hard to get up and actually do it but believe me it will pay off in the long run. (excuse the pun).

Just do it!

Can't wait until I'm back using the olympic pool in Swansea!
Well my brother had them so i can understand by what ur saying. He went in for a plastic surgery though. He has big ones so even when he excerised, it made no effect on them. If ur manboobs arent big and could be reduced by exercises, do the exercises.. cardio, swimming are the best
If they are realyl big, theres no other way out (IMHO)
Reply 6
your weight may have nothing to do with it. You could be developing breast tissue. If you start lactating - go and see your GP.
If you want to lose fat, you will also have to eat less than you burn off. Therefore even if you exercise, if you eat more, you won't see any results.

Also do resistance exercise, especially push ups to help with defining the chest area.
Reply 8
Lose weight
Reply 9
if losing weight doesnt work you could get "man breast removal surgery"...its called. i didnt know you could get this until i saw some advert on the tv
Reply 10
haha aww :frown: excercise excercise excercise :smile: goodluck x
there some men out there with a condition called gynomacastia, it affects 1 in 4 men to different degrees.

this is whem men's nipples become puffy and stick out. its caused by a hormone imbalance. so hav it checked out by your GP. who may not want to treat because its seen as cosmetic procedure. but if persist and tell him/her that you find showing bare chest a problem and its affecting your mental state, they more likely to get of there overpaid backsides and do something.
The following is the steps I've taken against gyno. Its been somewhat effective, but I hope that the gyno. will resolve a bit more:

This is a "sort-of" solution for mild gyno. from puberty. It involves lowering estrogen levels if high estrogen levels are the problem.

I don't think that this method would be effective for severe gyno. But if you have mild gyno(point chest with fat nipples) from puberty this may help you out some.

First of all, I'm NOT a doctor. I'm just someone who suffers from gyno. You should do your own research and talk to a (knowledgeable) doctor about adjusting hormone levels and exercising.

1) First and most important get into shape. Fat encourages higher levels of estrogen and estrogen encourages fat and water retention.

- I recommend lots of cardio (running, stair-master, cross-trainer*). This will tone up your body and help reduce the excess body fat that contribute to the problem. 40-60 minutes every other day.

- Also I recommend weight lifting. Don't just focus on the chest, a well rounded work out is necessary for healthy muscle and joint development.

2) An anti-estrogen like Chrysin may lower estrogen levels. Chyrsin is legal but is NOT intended to cure any diseases(*** remember I'm not a doctor ***).

- So far its alleviated some of the puffiness of my gyno. I suspect it won't make all the hard material go away but in conjunction with working out (I lost 45 lbs and toned up) I'd say its now somewhat acceptable.

- There are bunches of anti-estrogenic products out there. Many are probably not effective. You'll have to research on your own and find one that's legit.

3) Eat healthy, don't drink too much alcohol, etc., etc.

My nipples are smaller than they were (I hope that they reduce a little more, though) plus I now have great definition There's still hard breast tissue but the large size of my pectoral muscles help mask the gyno.

I have not found health-risks with taking anti-estrogens BUT THAT DOES NOT MEAN THAT THEY DON'T EXIST.

***Adolescents should not mess with their hormone levels. There's too much going on in that time of your life.***

I hope this helps somebody cuz I know what a pain in the ass gynecomastia is.
http://www.gynecomastia.org/content/letters/01060801.shtml
I think you would find that they are called moobs. Sorry unhelpful I know
Reply 14
grasp your forearms with your hands (so they cross :s-smilie:) and pull the skin (sorta) towards the elbow of the hand thats pulling. repeat this and itll get rid of them.
clubber-lang

i have manboobs as well lol, not as bad as most ppl (i am very negative about my body lol) and i just do chest exercises i and i felt major differences in my chest. Dont do just bench press tho , it jus works ur upperchest. Do some cardio stuff , rowing would be good in ur case i think. I need to do some cardio.....:mad:
Reply 16
cardio.push-ups.swimming.eat less.

go to gym three times a week.it should work:p:
Reply 17
Hmn, do you have any suggestions on how to decrease the size of specs? I'm not talking about fat (I do cardio every day), just chest muscles. Will the muscle tissue decrease if I don't exercise specs?

After exercising, I can even move the chest muscles up and down :smile: So, I wouldn't advice to exercise specs too much, and be more concerned about having a proportional body.
Some guy was 15 at my school and had some kind of surgery however he got teased the poor guy...

Also he used to have bad "attack" kind thingies and would hold his chest and look down. This happened nearly every week and he still had to come to school. I really felt sorry for the guy so make sure if its surgery you are really careful :frown:.
Reply 19
david cool
i have manboobs as well lol, not as bad as most ppl (i am very negative about my body lol) and i just do chest exercises i and i felt major differences in my chest. Dont do just bench press tho , it jus works ur upperchest. Do some cardio stuff , rowing would be good in ur case i think. I need to do some cardio.....:mad:

Do weights. I've said it before and I've said it again, the more lean muscle you have, the easier it will be to burn fat and calories.

Latest

Trending

Trending