The Student Room Group

My honest opinion

Scroll to see replies

Original post by shadowdweller
There isn't anything inherently wrong with the debates though, just how people handle them.

It's getting completely ridiculous.

I'd love to just boycott all these anti-feminist things but it just makes me so sad the way some people still view women as inferior.
Original post by aspirinpharmacist
I'd love to just boycott all these anti-feminist things but it just makes me so sad the way some people still view women as inferior.

I concur. It's all very well saying people should just shut up about the issues, but I feel like leaving misogynistic threads/posts unquestioned gives the wrong impression.
Totally agree , especially with the LGBT but if tsr didn't discuss it, there would be a big hole to fill in...
I concur. It's all very well saying people should just shut up about the issues, but I feel like leaving misogynistic threads/posts unquestioned gives the wrong impression.

Wrong impression to who?
Do you honestly believe that just because women and LGBT are legally equal to men/hetrosexuals they are not discriminated against?

Either they are trolling, or they are genuinely misogynistic and stupid. My post was not simply about feminists - I am just as annoyed at misogynists.
Original post by Simplythebest...
Wrong impression to who?

It just generally gives the impression such views are acceptable.

Original post by The_Dragonborn
Either they are trolling, or they are genuinely misogynistic and stupid. My post was not simply about feminists - I am just as annoyed at misogynists.

Yeah, I get that; was just giving a for instance as to why people continue to comment.
Reply 27
The problem is that no one actually wants equality, we're too greedy to be that objective
Original post by Lelcats
The problem is that no one actually wants equality, we're too greedy to be that objective

I actually agree. No-one wants just equality, they actually want to be put at an advantage in society. It's outrageous.
Reply 29
Original post by hannah697
Do you honestly believe that just because women and LGBT are legally equal to men/hetrosexuals they are not discriminated against?

Apparently so. You've got to be suffering some severe privilege issues if you genuinely believe that women and members of the LGBT community are 100% equal both legislatively and socially.
Reply 30
Well I am very disappointed in you my darling. I can always count on your silly and **** jokes to brighten my day, this thread means you must be on a downer. I am worried about you sweetie, talk to me xx
Original post by lillith
Well I am very disappointed in you my darling. I can always count on your silly and **** jokes to brighten my day, this thread means you must be on a downer. I am worried about you sweetie, talk to me xx

Oh, thank you!

Seriously I'm just sick of everyone ****ing complaining about stuff that should be entitled to them! People want a perfect world full of equality and happiness, if most had their way they'd take gender and sexuality away altogether!

For heaven's sake, it's impossible to get rid of discrimination, but we can at least stop complaining about it, given that, in the eyes of the law, all are now equal, and that if there is genuine prejudice, you can at least take it to court.

:frown:
It's not feminists making these threads though.. It's people complaining about feminists. The feminists are just retaliating.
Original post by ILovePancakes
It's not feminists making these threads though.. It's people complaining about feminists. The feminists are just retaliating.

Exactly this. Feminists seem to get the blame regardless though :rolleyes:

I was complaining about Feminists AND Misogynists.
I was complaining about Feminists AND Misogynists.

I don't understand your point.
I am literally getting sick of all this bull**** on TSR. This is my rant.

Feminists need to shut the **** up: Women now have equal rights - representation in the media, they have academic freedom, not to mention a massive number of scholarships and opportunities exclusively for women. They can get any job they please, they can take issues to court if they feel that sexism is happening in the workplace, or anywhere.

LGBT+ need to shut the **** up. These lot have equal rights too, in this country. There is an increasing amount of representation in the media, and there are loads of openly gay/lesbian/bi popular figures - Gok Wan, Alan Carr, Ellen Page, that lead singer from Green Day. And yet they are complaining all the time about **** that happens to them, but then they go on their bloody parades! Seriously, if you want people to tolerate you, shut up about your private life and do as you wish, but there's no need to stick it in others' faces, and have 'pride' for something you have no control over anyway!

So called Alpha males need to shut the **** up. If you are trying to bring back masculinity, then I doubt the way to do it is keep a misogynistic attitude, get hammered, bang 10000 women, and do the same thing every night of your life. Seriously, just stop.

That's my rant. Why can't everyone just get out of other's faces and learn to get along for heaven's sake!

1) They don't have equality. We've discussed this already and I've given you plenty of evidence for the contrary.

2) They don't have equality. I can give you plenty of evidence for the contrary.

3) Yep, they do need to shut up.
Reply 37
Oh, thank you!

Seriously I'm just sick of everyone ****ing complaining about stuff that should be entitled to them! People want a perfect world full of equality and happiness, if most had their way they'd take gender and sexuality away altogether!

For heaven's sake, it's impossible to get rid of discrimination, but we can at least stop complaining about it, given that, in the eyes of the law, all are now equal, and that if there is genuine prejudice, you can at least take it to court.

:frown:

Aaaah honey I know what you are saying however what the laws say and the way which they are obeyed are different. For example, when a couple have children it is still usually the woman who has to make the most sacrifices, it is still expected in society that woman deals with these matters. (Anything to do with the kids) Unless she earns substantially more. Listen I have 5 kids and I am expected to be a fabulous mother to them, but if I didn't also work, I would be considered lazy. If I work too much I am accused of neglecting my children, Their father? nobody gives a **** as long as he contributes financially he is doing his bit. If for example my child was sent to hospital from school, if I left work to deal with the situation, I would be neglecting my job. If their father went to deal with it, he would be a sweet and loving daddy. Women still haven't quite found their equal place yet.
I don't understand your point.

The law regards everyone as equal and in some cases even favours these minority groups, and yet they still complain and complain. Why can;t everyone just shut up and get on?
Exactly this. Feminists seem to get the blame regardless though :rolleyes:

What can we do? :sigh:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending