The Student Room Group
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter

Who knows whether a bike is needed for uni???

hey all, i'd like to know whether or not a bicycle is a good idea for taking down to exeter with me. i'm taking medicine so i'm gunna be situated around the st lukes campus primarily, its just i wanted to know whether or not a bicycle is a good idea as i'm from bristol where a bicycle is a good idea for those who are really fit (it is the hilliest city in britain) and wondered whether a purphase of a bike maybe a good idea in the long run.
help me help me???
Reply 1
I don't see why not, I was planning on bringing mine. Though Exeter is also quite hilly, which I'll have to get used to!
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter
Reply 2
if you're used to riding a bike, then i'd bring one down. especially if you're based on st lukes, as it'll be easier for you to get into town and onto main campus etc when you need to. its also a bit of a laugh - i know a load of guys in my halls used to just go out on bike rides when they were bored at the weekend - oddly had a right laugh!
Reply 3
Hey, i was thinking of bring a bike too. I'm doing medicine too, are you staying in halls? I think i heard theres a bikeshed at the halls.
Reply 4
Exeter is easy enough to walk around really. Bikes could be useful I guess, but don't forget its not particularly flat here :wink:

Public transport is also pretty reasonable, you will most probably spend most of your time in Exeter itself so walking is the preferred mode of transport, apart from those drunken cab rides :p:
Reply 5
Yep, it's perhaps a bit hilly here for a bike...I'd say if you bring one, you're either brave, stupid, or extremely fit...

Latest

Trending

Trending