The Student Room Group

How do football coupons work?

I understand the basic idea of it but I still have a few questions:

1. How many matches do you have to predict the result of?

2. Do *all* of you predictions have to be correct? i.e. - If I predicted five correct but one incorrectly, would I win anything?

3. How do you determine how much money your coupon would make? For example, next Saturday the odds that Man City beat Hull are 1/2 and the odds that Chelsea beat Aston Villa are 4/9. How would my overall odds be determined if I put on, say, £5 for Chelsea and Man City both to win?
They all need to come through and the returns are printed on your reciept.
Original post by King Leonidas
They all need to come through and the returns are printed on your reciept.

How many matches do you have to bet on?

If you just said, "Oh, I'll put £5 on Barcelona, Bayern Munich, Real Madrid, Chelsea, Man City and Celtic to win", how much do you think you'd get back? Like £10?
Reply 3
Original post by Defensive Gnome

If you just said, "Oh, I'll put £5 on Barcelona, Bayern Munich, Real Madrid, Chelsea, Man City and Celtic to win", how much do you think you'd get back? Like £10?

You can put on as many matches as you want. One match is a single, two matches is a double, three matches is a treble, four matches is a fourfold and so on.

The more matches that you put on then the larger the odds will be, as there is more of a chance of a team losing and wrecking your coupon.

What Crissy said, why don't you go on to a bookies website and see for yourself? Click those teams to win in upcoming games and it will tell you the returns:smile:

Up to you.

2. Do *all* of you predictions have to be correct? i.e. - If I predicted five correct but one incorrectly, would I win anything?

Some accumulators will give you a bit of money back, but your returns will drop significantly.

3. How do you determine how much money your coupon would make? For example, next Saturday the odds that Man City beat Hull are 1/2 and the odds that Chelsea beat Aston Villa are 4/9. How would my overall odds be determined if I put on, say, £5 for Chelsea and Man City both to win?

The odds are multiplied.

1/2*4/9
Reply 6

Accumulators are the bets the bookmakers like the most, their edge goes up in the same way that your potential profits do. As you can see from today's FA Cup matches there's no such thing as a sure thing, no matter how short the odds.

If you are going to put a quid or two down, go for a site that refunds if you miss by one selection. Think BetFair do that at the moment.

Quick Reply

Latest