The Student Room Group

Anyone started or owned a business during their time as an undergrad?

And how did you find it? Were you pushed for time to revise? Or did your schedule impact your social life? Did you get more stressed than you would've otherwise been? Or say anything you feel to be relevant :smile:

Reason for asking: I'm in this position and might be heading off to university in September... I am trying to consider whether it is worth it.
Original post by heckles
And how did you find it? Were you pushed for time to revise? Or did your schedule impact your social life? Did you get more stressed than you would've otherwise been? Or say anything you feel to be relevant :smile:

Reason for asking: I'm in this position and might be heading off to university in September... I am trying to consider whether it is worth it.

I haven't started a business yet, but I, and some of my friends, express an avid interest in kicking off a film and television production company . I'm doing Television Production, and five of the mates I'm living with next year are doing the same course; so I think it will make the whole process of keeping overhead costs down, because my "crew" all live within a walking distance of each other :smile:
I think it's going to depend on what sort of business it is - in particular, is it portable between home and uni, and can you choose to reduce the number of hours that you work during critical times, like exams?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending