The Student Room Group

I want to do an A-level in Klingon language.

What should I do? Any advice? Any of you did it? What should we, people who want to do an A-level in Klingon language, do? Please, tell me.
Reply 1
Unfortunately there isn't one.
I don't think you can
Ohmygoodness, an A level in Klingon would be amazing :biggrin:

I have no clue where you could do it, but if you do find out I'd totally love to join in! Gotta love a little Klingon!
Reply 4
That would be awesome. + If you applied to my university with an A in A-Level Klingon, I would accept you straightaway; forget about other requirements.
bIDo'jaj
Reply 6
I avoided it completely, the course material appears far harder than the likes of even A-Level Mandarin. Good luck to you though - as the poster above said, the prestige attached to an A in Klingon is considerable, far greater than that of an A in any other subject.
Original post by Caedus
I avoided it completely, the course material appears far harder than the likes of even A-Level Mandarin. Good luck to you though - as the poster above said, the prestige attached to an A in Klingon is considerable, far greater than that of an A in any other subject.

Wait a sec, it actually exists? I think my life has just got infinitely better!

Which says a lot about my life...
Original post by namename
What should I do? Any advice? Any of you did it? What should we, people who want to do an A-level in Klingon language, do? Please, tell me.

You made my day :jumphug:
Reply 9
Original post by Caedus

I think it depends which exam board.

AQA is usually the most popular for languages at both GCSE and A-level, however, this doesn't necessarily mean they're the best. For marginal A-levels like Klingon and Mandarin, it's usually better to check out the spec's in all exam boards first. I think Edexcel is the easiest exam board for them.

That being said, I haven't actually looked up Klingon AS as I'm not really a Trekkie.
Reply 10
Original post by llys
That would be awesome. + If you applied to my university with an A in A-Level Klingon, I would accept you straightaway; forget about other requirements.

That's why I am doing it.

Quick Reply

Latest