The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Original post by kss2660
Thanks for your comments. Got the answer I was looking for!! The only part of the degree I'm less than enthralled by is the translation and study of foreign texts module. Saying that, I doubt many would have studied Nordic or Latin prior.

Pleased to help. Well, probably not the Nordic, but Latin is certainly possible. Back in the Dark Ages when I did my degree, the Anglo Saxon bit turned out to be my favourite, and it helps a great deal if you have done German, but most people won't have a language A level these days.
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Original post by mscaffrey
Can I ask for those of you who were asked whether you'd like to be considered for the Education Studies degree, how long was it between you responding to their email and being given an offer? (I know some of you are still just being considered for it, but it does seem as though some of you already have the offer)

I haven't heard yet either...and I replied to their email on Saturday so I hope they offer me it soon!!
Original post by Elinor1109
I haven't heard yet either...and I replied to their email on Saturday so I hope they offer me it soon!!

I got the email on Monday night and replied to it then-hopefully we'll both hear something early next week. I was hoping for something today so I could relax over the weekend, but it doesn't look like that's going to happen. I'm guessing they process them in batches.
Reply 23
Will u be going to the open day if you hear?
Im goinf to get an idea about it and then decide :smile:
Hoepfully you should hear soon
Original post by kss2660
Will u be going to the open day if you hear?
Im goinf to get an idea about it and then decide :smile:
Hoepfully you should hear soon

What are the dates of the open days that you've been offered? I'd love to go to an open day but if I don't get an offer in time and I do eventually get an offer I'll probably go and have a look around Durham in April :smile:
Reply 25
What are the dates of the open days that you've been offered? I'd love to go to an open day but if I don't get an offer in time and I do eventually get an offer I'll probably go and have a look around Durham in April :smile:

25th and 26th March...good luck :smile: hope to hear good news soon.
Still no reply from Durham. I was really excited at the possibility of being given an offer a week ago, but now my excitement has kind of fizzled out. I feel as though I might be better off staying close to home by accepting either my Nottingham or Sheffield offer. I've had really good experiences with all the communication I've had with both of those universities, from emailing lecturers to talking with admissions staff, and even though they're not exactly the small, traditional kind of city that I love (especially with my background of going to Cambridge) I feel as though I'll have some good educational opportunities there. I don't know though, maybe my feelings will change if I do get a response from Durham (at this point I'd be okay with receiving an unsuccessful notification via email, just to clear my head, this waiting is driving me insane).
Yep, I was rejected. Feels good.

On the plus side at least they didn't make me wait forever, going through the ups and downs of wondering what to do if I was accepted, and in the mean time missing out on accepting another university and getting on with accommodation arrangements etc.

:ymca:
Reply 28
Yep, I was rejected. Feels good.

On the plus side at least they didn't make me wait forever, going through the ups and downs of wondering what to do if I was accepted, and in the mean time missing out on accepting another university and getting on with accommodation arrangements etc.

:ymca:

Im sorry
Rejection is never nice
Just look up and ahead!!
Hello!
So, now that you all should have finished your degree, what was your decision/conclusion ? Did you accept Educational Studies with... ??? What is your opinion? I am very interested and curious about your opinion. My daughter applied for IR and got rejected but she is now in the same boat as you guys were before. She changed her course for Education Studies with History and she is waiting for the decision from the department. Her idea is later to try to change courses or if not possible and if accept this one she is thinking of take a MA is International Relations or something similar. At this moment, if accepted, Durham will most probably be her insurance however the university is her favourite one. She as offers from UCL (HPE), Kings (IR) and Manchester (Pol. and IR). UCL will most probably be her firm choice. If not Durham for insurence, Manchester will be. Any thoughts will be very much appreciate. Thank you.
Original post by Waterdog
Hello!
So, now that you all should have finished your degree, what was your decision/conclusion ? Did you accept Educational Studies with... ??? What is your opinion? I am very interested and curious about your opinion. My daughter applied for IR and got rejected but she is now in the same boat as you guys were before. She changed her course for Education Studies with History and she is waiting for the decision from the department. Her idea is later to try to change courses or if not possible and if accept this one she is thinking of take a MA is International Relations or something similar. At this moment, if accepted, Durham will most probably be her insurance however the university is her favourite one. She as offers from UCL (HPE), Kings (IR) and Manchester (Pol. and IR). UCL will most probably be her firm choice. If not Durham for insurence, Manchester will be. Any thoughts will be very much appreciate. Thank you.
:hello:

You're better off making a new thread in the Durham forum.

Or making a thread in the parents forum (I think this might get you the best responses to be honest:smile:).

Chances are none of these users will be around anymore.:wink:

Latest