The Student Room Group

Applying for DSA

Hi.

I went to Glyndwr University's open day on Saturday and when I was there, I was told that I would be able to apply for DSA as I have Asperger's. I will be hopefully starting uni in September 2015, providing I get an offer. When roughly would be best to start applying for DSA?

Thanks in advance

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1
Original post by Nat_Griffiths
Hi.

I went to Glyndwr University's open day on Saturday and when I was there, I was told that I would be able to apply for DSA as I have Asperger's. I will be hopefully starting uni in September 2015, providing I get an offer. When roughly would be best to start applying for DSA?

Thanks in advance

Posted from TSR Mobile

As soon as possible which, if you plan to start in September 2015, would be around March 2015 (when the Student Finance application for 15 - 16 will begin). I would try and avoid applying much later than this (early summer, for example) as it can take several months for claims to be processed, Needs Assessments done (and reports sent out) then equipment and support delivered/arranged.
Reply 2
If you live in Wales, student finance is launching in the next few weeks, I think the English version is around the same time. Make sure all your paperwork is in and apply for DSA at the same time. Your disability adviser should be able to arrange support like arranging for someone to meet you and guide you around the uni when you first start, if you think that would be helpful.

Quick Reply

Latest