The Student Room Group

If you had done exams in January, what would your grades have been?

In previous years, people studying A / AS Level would have done exams in January and just received their results in the last week. The changes in curriculum meant those exams didn't exist this year. But if they had, what do you think your grades would have been?!
The same as my mocks I guess although the teachers have favorites so the grades for Psychology would have been higher due to a lack of bias but I probably would have still got a B for my Unit 3 exam.
Reply 2
Original post by kk_15
The same as my mocks I guess although the teachers have favorites so the grades for Psychology would have been higher due to a lack of bias but I probably would have still got a B for my Unit 3 exam.

I did well in my AS exams last year, and i have just done my A2 mocks so i think my January grades would be similar to my mock grades although i always revise more for a real exam so maybe slightly better. my Mock grades were B B A* so maybe a B A A* that would be the ideal anyway :wink:
Reply 3
Maybe similar to my mocks, but I will definitely revise much more effectively for the real thing, based on my mocks they may have been ABC :frown:
Reply 4
I got AAAA in my mocks
but... i doubt my teachers marked as harshly as real ones so idk
plus i didnt revise for my mocks so doubt id get that in the real ones if i didnt revise
Similar to mocks so maybe ABBB :smile: I would probably have revised more for January exams though :smile:
Reply 6
Scrappy A's which I would probably be content with

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
In my mocks I got BBC but I think thats good considering we hadn't learnt all the content
Reply 8
I got BCDb in mocks on about an hours revision so not TOO bad. Need AABe for uni offer :colonhash:
Reply 9
i cant tell you because i dont know as you cant say what you would have got. if it was that easy id say i got 3A*s and an unconditional from cambridge lol
Original post by tgwktm
I did well in my AS exams last year, and i have just done my A2 mocks so i think my January grades would be similar to my mock grades although i always revise more for a real exam so maybe slightly better. my Mock grades were B B A* so maybe a B A A* that would be the ideal anyway :wink:

Yeah, that makes sense. Sometimes there are other factors like feeling relaxed about mocks vs panicking about real exams but you sound consistent so I'd guess you do better too.
Reply 11
A*AB

Yeah mechanics 2 I messed up and transport economics was a B. Glad I didn't do Jan modules this year!
Probably BCC. revision would help,,, Better than last year's UED :tongue:
Original post by SophF_rth
Probably BCC. revision would help,,, Better than last year's UED :tongue:

That is a big jump, well done! You must have worked very hard to achieve that?
Reply 14
Original post by Captain Jack
Yeah, that makes sense. Sometimes there are other factors like feeling relaxed about mocks vs panicking about real exams but you sound consistent so I'd guess you do better too.

i tend to find i do better in the real things cause i know they are important and so i allow more time for revision and do more work generally than mocks. plus i have learnt a few points going over my mock papers in class that will allow me to get a few more marks to change those B's into A's
Reply 15
Badly. Perhaps 3 Cs Personally for me, I don't think I would have been prepared enough for January exams. My sixth form never did January exams anyway.

Quick Reply

Latest