The Student Room Group

Is it too late to apply to university? And how shall I apply?

I missed the deadline! Can I still go? And if i can, shall I do it though UCAS? Also, who shall I get to write my reference as I left college some years ago.
Reply 1
You can still go into clearing. Not sure about the reference though, if you're a mature student your employer might be able to write it.
You can still apply through UCAS, email the universities you're interested in and ask if they are still accepting applications for the course you want to apply for, you do not have to wait for clearing but there will be very limited courses still accepting applications so you may end up in clearing if you don't get any offers (as you've missed the Jan deadline unis don't even have to look to your application). If you have been out of education for some time universities may want evidence of recent study so you may have to take an access course before going to university or do something like and OU module.

Ideally the reference should be by someone who can comment on your suitability for university level study, what course do you want to apply for? If it's a vocational course and you've been working in that sector then your employer may be able to write you a reference.
You can still make a late application througj ucas til April or may. (Check the date) your application will be considered after the ones that were on time, so if you're applying for popular courses you might not get in. I made a late application at 21 after I was made redundant from a job and got in this way. I'm now in my 3rd year.
Reply 4
You can still apply. I applied on the 17th Feb and got 2 offers till now. One from Manchester and the other from Aston. Apply through ucas and wait. They've got time till July or May to reply.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending