The Student Room Group
City campus, Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield
Visit website

Sheffield hallam accomodation!

hey all, I was wondering what peoples views are on Victoria Halls and Opal 1 accommodation's at Sheffield Hallam University! also is anyone applying to these places as i'm trying to get to know people early :biggrin:

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Lewislmao
hey all, I was wondering what peoples views are on Victoria Halls and Opal 1 accommodation's at Sheffield Hallam University! also is anyone applying to these places as i'm trying to get to know people early :biggrin:

I've put Victoria Halls as my first choice and The forge as my second, as i thought they looked the best and weren't too far from the campus i'd be studying at :smile: Have you been on an accommodation tour? I thought the Victoria hall accommodation looked so much better in person in comparison to pictures online
City campus, Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield
Visit website
Reply 2
Anyone applied for the courtyard next year? signed my tennancy for there a month or so ago directly through my landlord. also I'm in Pearl house this year so if anyone wants any info about the place feel free to ask me :-) (I'm first year this year) :smile:
Reply 3
Hi guys, I'm looking at applying for Opal 1 as well what courses have you applied for?
Reply 4
Hiya! im looking at Victoria Hall :smile: I went on a tour of the halls and personally I rekon this is the most modern looking one... and it has en-suite rooms (bonus!) haha what courses are you guys going for? ive applied for the Graphic Design course :smile: chow! x
Is there any way of being certain you will be allocated an en suite room? worried I'm not going to get my chosen accommodation and end up in one without an en suite :frown: I REALLYY want to stay in Victoria hall
Reply 6
Original post by xxcharlotteoxx
Is there any way of being certain you will be allocated an en suite room? worried I'm not going to get my chosen accommodation and end up in one without an en suite :frown: I REALLYY want to stay in Victoria hall

There's a box on the application thing for additional notes. If you put the maximum you're willing to pay (dont forget to look at the yearly cost as opposed to the weekly) and make it clear that you want an en-suite you should be fine.
Premium Room available at the forge, may - July 2014.

£102 a week, message me for details.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ChazzaHazzaa
I've put Victoria Halls as my first choice and The forge as my second, as i thought they looked the best and weren't too far from the campus i'd be studying at :smile: Have you been on an accommodation tour? I thought the Victoria hall accommodation looked so much better in person in comparison to pictures online

i've put Victoria Halls as my first and Forge as my second too! :-) Really hoping i get Viccy halls but heard you're lucky if you do :frown: What's everyone studying? Education Studies for me :-)
Original post by hol_john94
i've put Victoria Halls as my first and Forge as my second too! :-) Really hoping i get Viccy halls but heard you're lucky if you do :frown: What's everyone studying? Education Studies for me :-)

hi, i've applied to victoria halls as well however apparently the landlords are quite strict on keeping the places tidy (so my friend says) but shes a messy sod so i'm guessing its just her :smile: ive been accepted for sports science btw :colondollar:
Original post by ashleyybullock
hi, i've applied to victoria halls as well however apparently the landlords are quite strict on keeping the places tidy (so my friend says) but shes a messy sod so i'm guessing its just her :smile: ive been accepted for sports science btw :colondollar:

That sounds perfect haha, i really do not want to live in dirt! Really hope I get it but again, i doubt it :frown: forge is lovely anyway so not over fussed i guessed :smile:
I've applied for Victoria Halls and Denvonshire courtyard. Anyone that's applied already have your applications changed from verification yet?. Also I'm going to study Forensic Science is anyone studying this course?
Reply 12
Hi guys im really stuck on what accomodation to apply for, im putting opal 1 as my first choice and cant choose between the forge and charlotte court as my second need help! Ive been accepted to study educational studies!
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 13
Original post by Lewislmao

Ive applied for opal 1! But cant choose between charlotte court and the forge for my second choice any advice???
I'm sooo stuck on what to choose between Opal 1, Trigon and The forge...has anyone been to see these and what do they think of them??
Reply 15
I've gone for Liberty Works/Liberty Court if anyone is there! but I went to go and view Marples yesterday and its an absolute dump! was only in the place for 10 minutes, If I was in there any longer I think I would of caught something, bit of advice for you all lol
Original post by EmFrawlz96
I've applied for Victoria Halls and Denvonshire courtyard. Anyone that's applied already have your applications changed from verification yet?. Also I'm going to study Forensic Science is anyone studying this course?

I've applied for the exact same, just didn't think you got to know until you enrole?
Original post by RachJ8
Ive applied for opal 1! But cant choose between charlotte court and the forge for my second choice any advice???

my brother stayed in charlotte court, the place is nice but not very close to uni buildings
What course have you all applied for?

Quick Reply