The Student Room Group

Law at University

I'm currently in year 12 and I was wondering which universities I should realistically apply for if I wanted to do law. Up to last year, I was in the American system so I did not do any GCSEs. However, at my old school, I had a GPA (grade point average) of 4.0 and I scored 2193 on my SSATs. This year, I came to the UK and started my AS levels (Politics, Economics, Physics, Maths and Further Maths). Currently I am predicted to get A's for my AS subjects. I have been thinking about applying for Cambridge and LSE but I need some advice on which universities I should apply for. Also, will not having done GCSEs hurt my chances of getting into universities in the UK?
Reply 1
Original post by Jerechiu
I'm currently in year 12 and I was wondering which universities I should realistically apply for if I wanted to do law. Up to last year, I was in the American system so I did not do any GCSEs. However, at my old school, I had a GPA (grade point average) of 4.0 and I scored 2193 on my SSATs. This year, I came to the UK and started my AS levels (Politics, Economics, Physics, Maths and Further Maths). Currently I am predicted to get A's for my AS subjects. I have been thinking about applying for Cambridge and LSE but I need some advice on which universities I should apply for. Also, will not having done GCSEs hurt my chances of getting into universities in the UK?

A 4.0 GPA speaks for itself so I wouldn't worry - just make sure your reference mentions your educational background. Your subjects are impressive - rigorous and diverse, so that'll put you in good stead. Get A's with high UMS and you have a good shot. You'll also likely need to sit the LNAT so the sooner you can familiarise yourself with that, the better.

The best law schools in the country are probably known to you: Cambridge, Oxford, LSE, UCL, King's, Durham, Bristol etc. Look at where you might like to study, course structure etc. Also start reading around Law - pick up some introductory law books to help supplement your knowledge when it comes to your personal statement and interviews.

Good luck.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending