The Student Room Group
Edge Hill University
Edge Hill University
Ormskirk
Visit website

Social Work

Hey all, just wondering if anyone has had an offer for the social work BA and how long after interview did it arrive? Or is anyone still awaiting a decision following an interview?
Thanks! :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I am applying through extra, sostill waiting on interview. When was your interview?

From my experience, they take their time with decisions. Hope you hear soon, will be interested to hear your update. Good luck :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Edge Hill University
Edge Hill University
Ormskirk
Visit website
Reply 2
Hey, I received an offer just over a week after my interview in the end :smile: good luck with yours!
Reply 3
Oh, that's great news! So you didn't have to wait very long in the end, then. I bet you're excited for September :smile: Congratulations!

I applied through extra, so who knows how long it will be for me, if I even get an interview.
Reply 4
Hey pips I've got my interview next week slightly nervous now they are handing out offers, wonder how many places are there? What was the interview like?
Reply 5
Congrats on your interview, Vicki!
Good luck :smile:
I wonder if the interview pack you will get to prepare is the same one as on the website. I am just curious to know if the case study is the same or different.
Reply 6
Original post by vickidc18
Hey pips I've got my interview next week slightly nervous now they are handing out offers, wonder how many places are there? What was the interview like?

How was your interview, Vicki? Did it go as you expected? Hope you hear back soon :smile:
Reply 7
Hi all has anyone accepted there offer to edge hill for social work? I applied for the combined course but it got cancelled. Struggled with my insurance choice.
Reply 8
Original post by Megan_w_88
Hi all has anyone accepted there offer to edge hill for social work? I applied for the combined course but it got cancelled. Struggled with my insurance choice.

Combined course... You mean Learning Disabilities and Social Work? It really shocks me that that course would get cancelled!
I think Salford does LD &SW and it is in extra, if that's any help :frown:

What was your insurance?

I am still waiting to hear from Edge Hill for an interview. Mine was a late application.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Original post by nohinsara
Combined course... You mean Learning Disabilities and Social Work? It really shocks me that that course would get cancelled!
I think Salford does LD &SW and it is in extra, if that's any help :frown:

What was your insurance?

I am still waiting to hear from Edge Hill for an interview. Mine was a late application.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ye the learning disabilities and social work nursing course.
I decided too much. Was happening about it so I new social work was for me. I've put a second UNi if this course fails but I've been more or less promised it won't be.
Salford is too far for me. Plus I'm not a fan of Manchester :s-smilie:
You heard anything?
Reply 10
Original post by Megan_w_88
Ye the learning disabilities and social work nursing course.
I decided too much. Was happening about it so I new social work was for me. I've put a second UNi if this course fails but I've been more or less promised it won't be.
Salford is too far for me. Plus I'm not a fan of Manchester :s-smilie:
You heard anything?

Oh, I see, you mean you decided against Learning Disabilities and Social Work? I thought you meant that Edge Hill cancelled the entire course. So now you're applying for the regular Social Work course, then. It's great that you have been assured that you will get it :smile: Is your other Uni Uclan by chance? I have applied to Uclan as well, but also a late application, so haven't heard anything.

Still haven't heard from Edge Hill, but that's not surprising. Admissions is closed now for Easter, and won't be open again until Wednesday. So, more waiting for me. Getting a bit stressed now, as that May deadline is coming up, so if I haven't been offered an interview yet, I wonder if it's going to happen at all.
Reply 11
I had an interview for the Social Work degree over 3 weeks ago and havn't heard anything, how long does it normally take to hear? I have rang admissions who said that they have decision and that I should find out this week :/ really nervous, they wouldnt tell me over phone said it has to go through ucas.
Reply 12
Oh, I see, you mean you decided against Learning Disabilities and Social Work? I thought you meant that Edge Hill cancelled the entire course. So now you're applying for the regular Social Work course, then. It's great that you have been assured that you will get it :smile: Is your other Uni Uclan by chance? I have applied to Uclan as well, but also a late application, so haven't heard anything.

Still haven't heard from Edge Hill, but that's not surprising. Admissions is closed now for Easter, and won't be open again until Wednesday. So, more waiting for me. Getting a bit stressed now, as that May deadline is coming up, so if I haven't been offered an interview yet, I wonder if it's going to happen at all.

Im the same, thought admissions was open on tuesday?
Original post by IT2014
Im the same, thought admissions was open on tuesday?

Not sure, there is a bank holiday this Monday, so it should be Tuesday now, I would think?

I was offered an interview, it's within a week. I'm nervous but excited. It seems very intimidating. IT2014, have you heard anything yet? Thinking positive thoughts for you!
Reply 14
Not sure, there is a bank holiday this Monday, so it should be Tuesday now, I would think?

I was offered an interview, it's within a week. I'm nervous but excited. It seems very intimidating. IT2014, have you heard anything yet? Thinking positive thoughts for you!

No not yet, do you mean you hear within a week if you have a place? whens your interview? Good luck !
Hi, sorry for the confusion. I meant that my interview is this week. No idea how long I will have to wait to find out.

Maybe they are waiting for this round of interviews to finish before letting everyone from previous interviews know as well?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 16
Hi, sorry for the confusion. I meant that my interview is this week. No idea how long I will have to wait to find out.

Maybe they are waiting for this round of interviews to finish before letting everyone from previous interviews know as well?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Good luck, keep us posted.
Thank you! Will for sure update how it goes. I also have a Uclan Social Work interview in two weeks. It looks to be very intimidating as well :frown:
Had the interview on Thursday and it went really well. In the personal interview part, my interviewer said he'd be happy to offer me a place in the program and hoped to see me in September. Though a fellow interviewee I kept in touch with heard the very next day through UCAS that she was getting a place, I still haven't heard anything.

Admissions tells me that it can take 10 business days, and that it does depend on when you apply. There are deadlines that need to be met for some students, so that fellow interviewee friend of mine must have applied much earlier and was up against the deadline. I, on the other hand, applied quite late, so it looks like I might be waiting those 10 business days!

But I comfort myself with the fact that he did say that he would offer me a place. Now I just have to decide if I want to do the other interview or not!

Original post by IT2014
No not yet, do you mean you hear within a week if you have a place? whens your interview? Good luck !

Heard yet, IT2014?? I hope you have and aren't still tortured with the wait!
Reply 19
Had the interview on Thursday and it went really well. In the personal interview part, my interviewer said he'd be happy to offer me a place in the program and hoped to see me in September. Though a fellow interviewee I kept in touch with heard the very next day through UCAS that she was getting a place, I still haven't heard anything.

Admissions tells me that it can take 10 business days, and that it does depend on when you apply. There are deadlines that need to be met for some students, so that fellow interviewee friend of mine must have applied much earlier and was up against the deadline. I, on the other hand, applied quite late, so it looks like I might be waiting those 10 business days!

But I comfort myself with the fact that he did say that he would offer me a place. Now I just have to decide if I want to do the other interview or not!

Heard yet, IT2014?? I hope you have and aren't still tortured with the wait!

Well done, I got a place start sept. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending