The Student Room Group

PWC Tax Higher Apprenticeship Assessment Centre HELP!

Scroll to see replies

My AC is in August, and it is for 2015 position. I remember that my In tray was about the IT Innovation event in Bordeux, France. I thought we had to give information about the event, and what speaker had to do. There was also something to do with perks that speaker will get to attend the event.

I did not think you had to persuade someone to attend; you only had to provide information, so that they can decide asap. There was also email about that everyone had to confirm their attendance. I got 3/5 for structure and language, but only got 2/5 for content and that failed me.

Are you sure that they keep same In Tray every time? I got 9/10 for first part of In tray, and trick to doing well for me was practice as Assessmentday.co.uk
Original post by mightyfrog2_10
sorry for the long wait mate, was really busy, when is your assessment centre?

ok so I messed up on the intray as well I guess everything was wrong with mine, mainly the structure and I din't have enough info - but after I attended the AC I was given this link which is really helpful and I'm surprised they didn't give me this before :o: http://www.pwc.co.uk/careers/student/doccentre/assessment-day-feedback.jhtml
I think they do a similar one everytime and its really annoying that there's no intray test similar to PwC!
What they're testing you - is how you will cope with a typical day as their employee? can you handle pressure?
The one I had you had to persuade the other person to come to this amazing event, so you have to write your email professionally and you have to use perusasive language use all the information they give you in the other book - e.g. who you are, what you do, where the event is, why does the guy need to attend, why should he attend? (the other guy was ill wasn't he or something?), use facts, figures etc to make it as persuasive as you can!

Taken from the website:

Remember it doesn't have to be perfect they're looking for potential. You need to write very fast! Make sure it is logical and persuasive. Hope that helps, Good Luck

My AC is in August, and it is for 2015 position. I remember that my In tray was about the IT Innovation conference in Bordeux, France. I thought we had to give information about the event, and what speaker had to do. There was also something to do with perks that speaker will get to attend the event.

I did not think you had to persuade someone to attend; you only had to provide information, so that they can decide asap. There was also email about that everyone had to confirm their attendance. I got 3/5 for structure and language, but only got 2/5 for content and that failed me.

Are you sure that they keep same In Tray every time? I got 9/10 for first part of In tray, and trick to doing well for me was practice as Assessmentday.co.uk

Trick with structure is to use subheading and bullet points.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Poweranger
My AC is in August, and it is for 2015 position. I remember that my In tray was about the IT Innovation event in Bordeux, France. I thought we had to give information about the event, and what speaker had to do. There was also something to do with perks that speaker will get to attend the event.

ah my one was quite different we had to kind of persuade the person to attend and it had to be done in two weeks or something. I think its important you give info about yourself as well because otherwise the person who you're writing the email might just think its a junk mail and also the place etc..

I'm not too sure whether they keep it the same intray, its probably similar..

I know these two people recently attended the Assessment Centre: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/member.php?u=387453
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/member.php?u=666565 so please do ask them as well.
ah my one was quite different we had to kind of persuade the person to attend and it had to be done in two weeks or something. I think its important you give info about yourself as well because otherwise the person who you're writing the email might just think its a junk mail and also the place etc..

I'm not too sure whether they keep it the same intray, its probably similar..

I know these two people recently attended the Assessment Centre: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/member.php?u=387453
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/member.php?u=666565 so please do ask them as well.

So yours wasn't about IT Conference in Bordeux France? I will ask them now.

And in between trick with structure is use subheadings and bullet points.

Who said we had to introduce ourselves? We did not have to do it
So yours wasn't about IT Conference in Bordeux France? I will ask them now.

And in between trick with structure is use subheadings and bullet points.

Who said we had to introduce ourselves? We did not have to do it

The one I did was very different to yours i think. when did you do it? was it for Tax Higher Apprenticeship?

Introducing yourselves - sorry mate i see the confusion now: we were also given a separate booklet with information about who we were (higher apprentice) and what we do (organise events) and a different booklets with lots of emails on them and we had like 15 multiple choice questions. Did you get a separate booklet as well? If so what was on it? what was the first part?

Yeah subheadings and bullet point is really important! you said you got 9/10 and 5/10 on the second so I wouldn't worry too much, focus on improving structure and the content you write.

I'll Quote the two people who recently did the Assessment Centre for Tax for you:
mattya93

Addy1992
The one I did was very different to yours i think. when did you do it? was it for Tax Higher Apprenticeship?

Introducing yourselves - sorry mate i see the confusion now: we were also given a separate booklet with information about who we were (higher apprentice) and what we do (organise events) and a different booklets with lots of emails on them and we had like 15 multiple choice questions. Did you get a separate booklet as well? If so what was on it? what was the first part?

Yeah subheadings and bullet point is really important! you said you got 9/10 and 5/10 on the second so I wouldn't worry too much, focus on improving structure and the content you write.

I'll Quote the two people who recently did the Assessment Centre for Tax for you:

I was given two booklets like you, but I cant remember whether our role was defined in one of them separately. First one was most likely how we should conduct ourselves in company and generally about our role.

I did it back march this year, and it was for tax higher apprenticeship.

Do u remember what was your event about?
(edited 9 years ago)
I was given two booklets like you, but I cant remember whether our role was defined in one of them separately. First one was most likely how we should conduct ourselves in company and generally about our role.

I did it back march this year, and it was for tax higher apprenticeship.

Do u remember what was your event about?

oh right, I did it in february this year sorry mate I can't remember exactly what the event was for but I wouldn't worry about it too much like you said you did get a good mark last time, so I would just keep practicing these intrays from assessment day, more practice intray tests can be found here: http://freeexampapers.com/#Online Tests/SHL and just hope for the best.
(edited 9 years ago)
oh right, I did it in february this year sorry mate I can't remember exactly what the event was for but I wouldn't worry about it too much like you said you did get a good mark last time, so I would just keep practicing these intrays from assessment day, more practice intray tests can be found here: http://freeexampapers.com/#Online Tests/SHL and just hope for the best.

Thanks Froggy, you had been great help

Sarah
Thanks Froggy, you had been great help

Sarah

You're welcome! I'm sorry i wasn't able to help you out as much as I could have done, the thing is the intray exercise was something I found very difficult too. Hopefully someone else will be more helpful and post tips on how to tackle the intray.

This post will help you with other stuff: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showpost.php?p=46923437&postcount=4.

If you need help with anything else feel free to Private Message me.
Reply 29
hey guys how do you pass the intray? it's really difficult. :frown:
Had my assessment yesterday and got a call today to say I made it to the final interview stage!

Had intray first and that was like 10 emails, had mutliple choice questions on them based on information you were given in the first email you had to choose what one you had to respond to first etc.
Then had to write an email in 10 minutes afterwards in reply to one of the ones on the intray.
Maths and Verbal reasoning tests, pretty much the same as online
Finally had a group task where you had 20 minutes (I think) to read your brief (which were all different) and the booklet everybody had and then discuss your findings and come to an answer before the end of the discussion, don't think there is a right or wrong answer.

They were expecting 12 people but only 4 of us were there so was not too bad a day - all were applying for different areas so you are not fighting for the same job

Hope this helps!
Fingers crossed my next stage is just as good news!!
In follow up from my last post - had my senior interview yesterday, was quite relaxed and informal but make sure you know lots of competencies as I was asked about 10! Even including a piece of business I have investigated recently (I used the HSBC tax evasion news example)
Take the time to ask as many questions about the programme as possible, interview lasted about 75 mins!

Had the interview at 2pm got a phone call at 6pm saying I got the job - Starting in tax in August!

Good Luck all other applying
Hello,

Thanks for posting the information on here. I also have an offer which I received on the second of January but as of yet haven't received a start date. On the online portal has your start date been announced? I was just told Autumn 2015 in the acceptance letter.
Original post by Ash66pts
Hello,

Thanks for posting the information on here. I also have an offer which I received on the second of January but as of yet haven't received a start date. On the online portal has your start date been announced? I was just told Autumn 2015 in the acceptance letter.

I have no start date yet either - where are you going to be based?
As a current tax apprentice, IMAP team apprentices start beginning of August wheras everyone else in September
Original post by Ade1992
I have made it through to the PWC Tax Higher Apprenticeship Assessment Centre in London and would just want some more information about the following please:

1. What to expect.
2. Difference in working in London to anywhere else in the UK
3. Pay
4. If you are or have currently worked in PWC what are your views
5. Tax or Audit, and how easy is it to switch between the two

Thank you, all feedback will be much appreciated

If you're interested in learning more about what it's like to work on one of PwC's apprenticeships or school leaver programmes, you find hundreds of reviews here written by previous apprentices. These offer a real insight into what it's like to work for the company and how it will help you to develop your skills.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending