The Student Room Group

I have my driving test in a different car...

Does anybody have any advice or tips for me? :s-smilie:
(edited 6 years ago)
Plan how you want to use those 30 minutes. ie

5 mins: Seating position, mirrors and controls
5 minutes: Setting off - clutch bite point.
10 minutes: Urban driving
5 minutes: 30mph+ driving
5 minutes: Manoeuvres
Not at all sure about this, but can you apply for a postponement of the test?
Reply 3
Don't worry too much about the change in cars, the only thing that could be slightly different is the biting point but most instructors cars are similar ages etc so it shouldn't be too different.

All I can say is just be relaxed and don't let the car change affect you mentally, so don't go there thinking it is going to go all wrong.

I know it is hard but just try and act confident and calm as it will help. Best of luck, let me know if you pass! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by maarg13
Don't worry too much about the change in cars, the only thing that could be slightly different is the biting point but most instructors cars are similar ages etc so it shouldn't be too different.

All I can say is just be relaxed and don't let the car change affect you mentally, so don't go there thinking it is going to go all wrong.

I know it is hard but just try and act confident and calm as it will help. Best of luck, let me know if you pass! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you, this was reassuring to read.
Original post by IndiaJones
As far as I am aware you have to have 3 working days to rebook or cancel a test, so no.

Oh dear. Sorry about that. Good luck, anyway.
Reply 6
I'd cancel it and just lose the money tbh.
Reply 7
Original post by H0ls

But how is that any better than doing it and failing it?!
Reply 8
Original post by IndiaJones
But how is that any better than doing it and failing it?!

If you do it, then you still have to pay the instructor for use of their car/time.

It's up to you. I didn't sit my driving test until I felt completely confident. I know I personally wouldn't feel comfortable sitting my test in a new car that I hadn't driven before on top of the driving test nerves. Everyone is different, I guess.

I know it's a little insensitive but I know with my driving instructor that they were entitled to refund us any money lost if it is them who cancels on a students driving test with too short notice to be refunded.
Reply 9
Unless she has a rare car

Can't you just find someone who has a corsa / fiesta etc
Original post by H0ls

Why ?

Just do what I said ; find someone with same car

It's probably a corsa or other popular car
Well Done!!! :congrats:
:party2::driver:
Reply 12
Congratulations!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending