The Student Room Group

How do you revise Edexcel S1? (please no "just do past papers" )

As the question says; do you bright fellows happen to know any foolproof methods to revise S1? I find it hard to revise stats as it is different to FP1, C1, 2, M1 and D1; all of which i find easy to revise!

I have done just under half of the available papers; want to save the rest for a later date to do.

I have done all the questions in the book; and am planning to go through it all again; hopefully within a day; doing every other question.

any help would be much appreciated.
Reply 1
Have you tried making notes on each topic. I know formulas will be provided in the exam but It won't hurt to learn them as well. Doing all the questions is great but you should eventually do past papers. Try other revision techniques such as mindmaps it could help.
Reply 2
you can subscribe to www.mathsnetalevel.com .

for three modules it is £10 + VAT
Original post by tazza ma razza
As the question says; do you bright fellows happen to know any foolproof methods to revise S1? I find it hard to revise stats as it is different to FP1, C1, 2, M1 and D1; all of which i find easy to revise!

I have done just under half of the available papers; want to save the rest for a later date to do.

I have done all the questions in the book; and am planning to go through it all again; hopefully within a day; doing every other question.

any help would be much appreciated.

ask one of your awesome friends :smile:
Read text book thoroughly first, read repeatedly until you understand every concept, make fancy notes and posters if you like but doesn't work for me.
Then try past papers, you absolutely need it to build up experience. For stats the basic mark scheme for statistical tests is identical every year, memorize the format of what examiner wants and stick to it when you do questions. Learn the mark scheme and analyse where you most frequently choke is more important than doing it for the sake of doing it. After that you are ready to go.

I got full ums every maths module last year
I find just memorising the formulas an easy way to revise for S1, it has helped me so far get A grades in the mocks.

Quick Reply

Latest