The Student Room Group

UCL.. ?*$%*£"$?*

....so it's like a week into April now and still no word. I wouldn't mind so much if I thought I'd be accepted but it they've probably already made up their minds since they've had an open day and interviews for Law applicants. So what is going on? :mad: There should be a law against Uni's taking so long to reject you.. hmmm.. might enforce that one day..
Reply 1
Can i just reiteratie what was said above, BUT LOUDER AND EVEN MORE ANGRIER!!!!!!!!!!!
I know......its so damn frustratin!!!!!

i havent got my reply yet......aswell!!!!!

grrrrrRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

:mad:
Elle
....so it's like a week into April now and still no word. I wouldn't mind so much if I thought I'd be accepted but it they've probably already made up their minds since they've had an open day and interviews for Law applicants. So what is going on? :mad: There should be a law against Uni's taking so long to reject you.. hmmm.. might enforce that one day..

what offers/rejections have u got so far?

I've had Rejections: Oxford, LSE, Manchester

Offers: Edinburgh, Durham and Reading.
Reply 4
iiikewldude
what offers/rejections have u got so far?

I've had Rejections: Oxford, LSE, Manchester

Offers: Edinburgh, Durham and Reading.

What were you GCSE's / AS levels like?
Reply 5
Anyone got anything from UCL yet?

I've not, and I had a funny feeling that they'd get back to everyone by today as LSE had yesterday.
Reply 6
yeh.. I have an offer. But dont worry. i spoke to someone there currently at UCl.. and he only received his offer near end of April. GD luck
Reply 7
young_free

maybe you should also ask about his outside academia interests, everything isn't solely based on how many As you have :P
the strongest candidates usually hear replies quickly (within 2 weeks) and for borderline students it can take upto 3 months, but this might be different for different degree courses
Reply 9
FYI

I have 7 A*'s 2 A's
doing physics latin and maths A-level.. all with 90% or above
Football team/Tennis team/vice captain of fencing team
Martial Arts (outside school)
Reply 10
Called them yesterday.. "sit tight until the end of this month" was all I got. :rolleyes:
Reply 11
Elle
Called them yesterday.. "sit tight until the end of this month" was all I got. :rolleyes:

How I hate UCL. I dont think they even have any post-offer open days left, which kinda indicates that theyve given all their offers out!
Reply 12
kingslaw
How I hate UCL. I dont think they even have any post-offer open days left, which kinda indicates that theyve given all their offers out!

Everyone seems so against UCL :frown: I'm going to study Chemistry there next year but instead of anyone saying anything good about it I've had bad responses and this thread, showing their treatment of applicants makes me feel even worse. :frown:
Reply 13
Nah theyre just annoyed that havent received an offer yet.
UCL is brilliant i hear.
Hope im right
Reply 14
pinkfairy
Everyone seems so against UCL :frown: I'm going to study Chemistry there next year but instead of anyone saying anything good about it I've had bad responses and this thread, showing their treatment of applicants makes me feel even worse. :frown:

Yeh, sorry, dont be put off by my irrational rants. I'm sure UCL is a brilliant place once you get to know the right people. Just like any other uni really.
King's was very coy with me for a long time - and then they gave me an unconditional offer :smile:
young_free

Scottish Standard Grade: English - 2
Maths, Physics, History, Computing, Chemsitry, German, Technological Studies - 1

Scottish Highers: English, Maths, Physics, Computing, History - A

A/S Level Physics (taken this Jan) - A (with UMS 289/300)

Currently taking A Level Physics and Advanced Higher Maths and History.

[OUOTE="BossLady"]maybe you should also ask about his outside academia interests, everything isn't solely based on how many As you have :P[/OUOTE]
I did absolutley nothing extra ciricularly. I did alot of truth bending/making up on my ps. Obviously Oxford saw through this at the interview and told my teachers i had no dedication to do law. The other unis didn't interview and they either believed my crap or though that i constructed a pretty good argument out of nothing and thought that that would make me a good lawyer.

Got rejected off manchester because i applied for deferred entry and they said they only give out deferred places in exceptional circumstances. LSE probably because i wasn't good enought and the same for oxford.
Reply 17
Has anyone heard anything since I last posted? I was seriously considering rejecting them myself (tutor and parents also think I should).. but I've waited so long that I might aswell keep waiting. ARGGGGGGGHHHHHHH!!! (<-- sorry that needed to be let out!)
Reply 18
Elle
Has anyone heard anything since I last posted? I was seriously considering rejecting them myself (tutor and parents also think I should).. but I've waited so long that I might aswell keep waiting. ARGGGGGGGHHHHHHH!!! (<-- sorry that needed to be let out!)

I'm considering leaving it another week, and then just telling them to f*ck off. I'm not even going to go to UCL if they give me an offer, unless they do something seriously persuasive!!
Reply 19
kingslaw
I'm considering leaving it another week, and then just telling them to f*ck off. I'm not even going to go to UCL if they give me an offer, unless they do something seriously persuasive!!

That's exactley what I'm going to do. Where do you want to go by the way? The non-means assessment deadline for the LEA is April the 30th :frown: .. if UCL haven't got back to me by the 29th I'm going to have to go ahead without them because I won't be able to go to uni without a decent loan.

Latest

Trending

Trending