The Student Room Group

Triphenyltin Iodide

Hey folks,
Curious to know whether anybody would know the melting point of this lovely compound, triphenyltin iodide?
Nightmare to find a reputable source on the interwebs, and wondered whether anybody had had any luck?
Thanking you :smile:
Original post by jrphol
Hey folks,
Curious to know whether anybody would know the melting point of this lovely compound, triphenyltin iodide?
Nightmare to find a reputable source on the interwebs, and wondered whether anybody had had any luck?
Thanking you :smile:

According to: http://www.chemicalbook.com/ChemicalProductProperty_EN_CB3491162.htm

117-121ºC

just a little persistance ...
Reply 2
Thank you!

Indeed I had found that website; the only question I would ask if you, purely out of ignorance, is whether you think 'chemical book' is a reliable source? (You see I'm very reliant on sigma and chemspider and, unless a journal, don't tend to wander from the path of using anything else.)
Original post by jrphol
Thank you!

Indeed I had found that website; the only question I would ask if you, purely out of ignorance, is whether you think 'chemical book' is a reliable source? (You see I'm very reliant on sigma and chemspider and, unless a journal, don't tend to wander from the path of using anything else.)

Yes, chemical book is a reliable source, I often use it to verify work at Uni.
Original post by jrphol
Thank you!

Have you tried Reaxys or scifinder ? Both are excellent.

Quick Reply

Latest