The Student Room Group

Bald Men Can't Get Girls? HAH!

I'm 20 and have a friend who's 21 who has noticed that his hair is thinning fast and is saying that he wants to start taking all kinds of medication which "might" slow down the "balding" process.

Doctors told him that the medications (forgot the name) have side effects such as temporary erectile dysfunction, abnormal ejaculation, a possibility of being diagnosed with male breast cancer, may not be able to get kids, may cause cancer in other locations (forgot which ones), headaches, dizziness and some cases have been reported to have "permanent erectile dysfunction".

I advised him not to take ANY medication and to let it happen. Hes afraid that society will mock him for balding at an early age and that his girlfriend might break up with him...

I personally call BS because I've seen guys with thinning hair and bald guys who get amazing girls, have muscular bodies and aren't seen as "weird".

Girls: Would you ever date a guy in his 20's who has thinning hair, knowing that he will go bald in 3-4 years? Keep in mind he is muscular, he is 5'8 and has money (Not rich but has enough money for his age).

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I am this feel

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm proof that some girls can see past thinning hair.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
Reply 3
It doesn't seem to stop this guy:

https://www.youtube.com/user/honestsignalz/videos
Reply 4
Original post by Mr Student
I'm proof that some girls can see past thinning hair.

I don't get it...
I have thinning hair but have never been without a partner for more than 6 months.

Yeah, its bull****. My best mate's dating one of the best looking girls I've ever known and he's a Norwood 3 at 20...he just keeps his hair really short.

I doubt a bit of thinning hair's really a deal breaker.
Reply 8
Original post by elpistolero7
Yeah, its bull****. My best mate's dating one of the best looking girls I've ever known and he's a Norwood 3 at 20...he just keeps his hair really short.

I doubt a bit of thinning hair's really a deal breaker.

Didn't know what "Norwood 3" meant till I searched it up... But yeah, I guess you can call my friend a Norwood 2/3 ? Not quite sure, will have to double check
Original post by 0xygen
Didn't know what "Norwood 3" meant till I searched it up... But yeah, I guess you can call my friend a Norwood 2/3 ? Not quite sure, will have to double check

3's really rare at this age, I mean he has a visible bald spot at the back of his head, its not big, but its there, and his frontal hair is thinning quite a lot. Keep the hair short, get ripped, won't have much issues with the women, that's for sure.
Black men suit it more, I think that goes without saying.
However, a low body fat (or at least not high) and a bit of facial hair, and it's not the end of the world.
As a white male it's better to cut the remains very low, rather than completely cue ball it. As a black male, you can do either really.

'Girls' don't tend to like bald men. But then girls tend to like guys who look prettier than your average girl (Harry Styles, Zac Efron)
'Women' aren't so bothered. An attractive man is an attractive man.

I'd say it ranks (in the mind of most women):
Attractive man with hair
Attractive bald man
Unattractive man with hair
Unattractive bald man.

And I'd say you can afford to be two of three things: (bald, short, and fat)
Being all three limits you big time, if you're young.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Anonymous Coward
Black men suit it more, I think that goes without saying.
A low body fat (or at least not high) and a bit of facial hair, and it's not the end of the world.

'Girls' don't tend to like bald men, but then girls tend to like guys who look prettier than your average girl (Harry Styles, Zac Efron)
'Women' aren't so bothered. An attractive man is an attractive man.

I'd say it goes:
Attractive man with hair
Attractive bald man
Unattractive man with hair
Unattractive bald man.

And I'd say you can afford to be two of three things: (bald, short, and fat)
Being all three limits you big time.

I think blonde guys who are really fair are good with it too. Its the white guys with dark hair who its more prominent on.

Fair enough, but I think a guy with a good physique(decently muscular and low body fat for nice facial aesthetic), even at a young age can do fine with girls. You can't really tell about a Norwood 2/3 if you have a good buzz cut IMO. I completely agree with that order you've put up right at the end.

Or you can always be one of them freaks who wears a wig like the guy in Wolf of Wall Street. There's a guy at my internship whose about 21 who definitely wears one :lol:
I think blonde guys who are really fair are good with it too. Its the white guys with dark hair who its more prominent on.

Fair enough, but I think a guy with a good physique(decently muscular and low body fat for nice facial aesthetic), even at a young age can do fine with girls. You can't really tell about a Norwood 2/3 if you have a good buzz cut IMO. I completely agree with that order you've put up right at the end.

Or you can always be one of them freaks who wears a wig like the guy in Wolf of Wall Street. There's a guy at my internship whose about 21 who definitely wears one :lol:

Don't get me wrong; a guy can definitely do fine with girls being bald. Maintaining a low body fat is important though, as you said.
My point about age was more to do with the three things (bald, short, and fat)
If you're a short, overweight guy who's losing his hair. It's time to get into shape, if you want to hold an appeal really.

02-david-beckham-shaved-head.jpg
This short of length is great if you're balding. It's better than going full cue ball.
I actually think he looks better like this than with hair, to be fair.
(edited 10 years ago)
Nothing wrong with a thinning hair - just needs to be confident with what he has, or in this case what he doesn't have. :wink:

But no, most girls can see passed this. I do :smile:
bronson.jpg:hubba:
Reply 15
Just tell your friend to enjoy life and to not worry about being bald.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 16
Why would I care about his muscles and money?
It shows genetic inferiority. It's obviously something women don't want.

I'm on Finasteride myself. Been on it for a month or two at a high dose (5mg every 3 days or so) even though I'm not balding, I'm just using it just to make sure I don't.
Original post by Mensa Member
It shows genetic inferiority. It's obviously something women don't want.

I'm on Finasteride myself. Been on it for a month or two at a high dose (5mg every 3 days or so) even though I'm not balding, I'm just using it just to make sure I don't.

Mate, you realize that propeica/finasteride used long term can have serious side effects? The bolded bit is one of the stupidest things I've ever heard.
Mate, you realize that propeica/finasteride used long term can have serious side effects? The bolded bit is one of the stupidest things I've ever heard.

How is it stupid? Finasteride doesn't promote hair regrowth. The whole purpose of the drug is to make sure you don't bald in the first place.

Quick Reply

Latest