The Student Room Group

social work/care jobs??? can't find any at all

I'm graduating as a social worker this summer and I've been looking online for jobs in the Ayrshire/Glasgow area, but I literally cannot find jobs at all. There's usually about 6 "related" searches, which most often means volunteer work and that's not what I'm looking for.

Are there just no jobs? I'm starting to get really worried here.
Reply 1
Original post by n7adept
I'm graduating as a social worker this summer and I've been looking online for jobs in the Ayrshire/Glasgow area, but I literally cannot find jobs at all. There's usually about 6 "related" searches, which most often means volunteer work and that's not what I'm looking for.

Why does it need to be that area? Those kinds of jobs are in major demand in most parts of the country. Their are hundreds of jobs going in Birmingham at the moment.
Reply 2
Original post by redferry
Why does it need to be that area? Those kinds of jobs are in major demand in most parts of the country. Their are hundreds of jobs going in Birmingham at the moment.

I'm looking into jobs in the West of Scotland because that's where I'll be living after my studies and I'm not sure I'll be able to move from there, especially not at first.
Reply 3
Original post by n7adept
I'm looking into jobs in the West of Scotland because that's where I'll be living after my studies and I'm not sure I'll be able to move from there, especially not at first.

Unless it is kids/caring for family stopping you I would definitely look further afeild! There are so many social work jobs out there!! :smile:
Original post by n7adept

Look on local council websites.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending