The Student Room Group
On campus building at University of South Wales
University of South Wales

Film and Video - Newport Campus applicants 2014!

Anyone else applied?! Interested in seeing who may be on the same course as me (depending on our interview results). I am super nervous about the results, but yeah! Plus anyone know the accommodation options for Newport?
Reply 1
I've applied and got accepted, good luck on your interviews! :smile:

The accommodation options at Newport are Opal and another campus, from my knowledge, the other campus tends to be lively/more busy and has a gym pass of some kind.

Personally I prefer Opal due to it being five minutes away from the City campus and the rooms look better, in my opinion.
On campus building at University of South Wales
University of South Wales
I've applied! Not to Film and Video but to Creative Sound. I hope we get the chance to work with cameras and your course though.
I've applied to accommodation in Opel. Here's the link you'll need

http://www.clvuk.com/locations/
Reply 3
Original post by Zavaron
I've applied and got accepted, good luck on your interviews! :smile:

The accommodation options at Newport are Opal and another campus, from my knowledge, the other campus tends to be lively/more busy and has a gym pass of some kind.

Personally I prefer Opal due to it being five minutes away from the City campus and the rooms look better, in my opinion.

hey i got a conditional offer! Interview went great! Luckky we might even be in the same class if i get the grades :biggrin: I'm gonna apply for opal accomodation thanks for the help
Reply 4
Original post by Joel Q-Frank
I've applied! Not to Film and Video but to Creative Sound. I hope we get the chance to work with cameras and your course though.

That's brilliant! Maybe we could collaborate together for our courses?

Original post by TKDSensei
hey i got a conditional offer! Interview went great! Luckky we might even be in the same class if i get the grades :biggrin: I'm gonna apply for opal accomodation thanks for the help

We might! And even if we don't, we can still collaborate together if you wanted to? :smile:
Reply 5
Hi,

I've confirmed my place starting in September.
Reply 6
Original post by Joel Q-Frank

I hope we get the chance to work together too! Hopefully will see you on campus or opal :smile:
Hi there

I applied for the Film and Video course but i think it is changing its name to just Film as it is collaborating Film and Video and Documentary film and Television, and got accepted so will be starting in Sept 2014:smile:
Reply 8
Original post by dominicharrison1
Hi there

I applied for the Film and Video course but i think it is changing its name to just Film as it is collaborating Film and Video and Documentary film and Television, and got accepted so will be starting in Sept 2014:smile:

Indeed! The course has combined for the first year. I believe in the second year you have the choice of doing fiction or documentary. Well done on getting in, I shall see you on the course. :smile:

Also, maybe nearing the start of September or somewhere in August all of us in this thread could meet up before hand? And get to networking earlier? :smile:
Any of you applied to live in Newport Student Village ?? if so have you got your rooms yet??
I applied yesterday :smile: looks really nice there

Posted from TSR Mobile
I've applied to Opal halls and paid the deposit and stuff which was like 250 I think. It's like a 5 minute walk from the building so that's pretty good

Posted from TSR Mobile
Have you got your room number if so what is it ??
Reply 13
Hi, was wondering how everyones applications were going? I went to the open day the other week and was impressed with the film studio! They said they're turning the massive dance hall into a green room for when we arrive :biggrin: Opal accommodation is awesome, can't wait! I've booked my room it's in D block, however I'm trying to change to another block as i heard D block is more quiet, and I'm looking to get drunk and party! :biggrin: (and work.. ) Let me know if you guys get in and where you'll be, I'm planning on bringing in a crate of beer when i move in, and I can't drink it all on my own :wink:
Reply 14
Oh and if you didn't know as its not on the website yet, the official move in date for opal is the 13th of September (I called the place and they let me know)

Quick Reply