The Student Room Group

How do I ask him if he likes me too?

So long story short (ish),
This boy I sit next to in some lessons and myself kissed at a party on Saturday (its now Thursday). We were rather intoxicated but not to the point where neither of us were unaware of our choice of action. At the party we'd spent a few hours talking and flirting then he took me on a walk and kissed me. Side-note, he's a great kisser. But I digress.
Basically, I've liked him for quite a while now but it was more of just a slight crush but now when I see around I get full-blown stomach jitters most likely due to the fact that he's a good kisser.
But my problem lies in the fact that I'm very awkward when I like someone (which is rare), I tend to... avoid them like the plague. Which is irrational but alas, c'est moi. Prior to the 'event' we'd been friends, having banter and flirting every now and again but this past week we've been avoiding each other completely, or at least I've been avoiding him like there's no tomorrow. We've had a very limited time in each others presence this week (thank god) but tomorrow is the day I've dreading. I have a double lesson with him, and its one o the lessons where we sit next to each other. For 2 hours.
I've done a pretty good job of avoiding him and I suspect he's noticed me ducking out of a room he's in or turning the other direction if he was there and other silly little nuances I've allowed myself to perform.
I'm scared of sitting next to him tomorrow as I suspect I like him quite a lot more than I'm aware of and a heck of a lot more than he does. Although I don't know if he likes me at all to be frank. My friends keep telling me that he keeps glancing at me and gravitating towards me but that's the sort of thin you expect your friends to say of your crush isn't it? So their judgement is slightly subjective. Moot point.

I've rambled so much. My sincerest apologies. If you've actually read this I thank you with all my heart and I ask you only this: What, for the love of Nora, should I do?
Reply 1
Original post by Lisah:)
This boy I sit next to in some lessons and myself kissed at a party on Saturday (its now Thursday). We were rather intoxicated but not to the point where neither of us were unaware of our choice of action. At the party we'd spent a few hours talking and flirting then he took me on a walk and kissed me. Side-note, he's a great kisser. But I digress.
Basically, I've liked him for quite a while now but it was more of just a slight crush but now when I see around I get full-blown stomach jitters most likely due to the fact that he's a good kisser.
But my problem lies in the fact that I'm very awkward when I like someone (which is rare), I tend to... avoid them like the plague. Which is irrational but alas, c'est moi. Prior to the 'event' we'd been friends, having banter and flirting every now and again but this past week we've been avoiding each other completely, or at least I've been avoiding him like there's no tomorrow. We've had a very limited time in each others presence this week (thank god) but tomorrow is the day I've dreading. I have a double lesson with him, and its one o the lessons where we sit next to each other. For 2 hours.
I've done a pretty good job of avoiding him and I suspect he's noticed me ducking out of a room he's in or turning the other direction if he was there and other silly little nuances I've allowed myself to perform.
I'm scared of sitting next to him tomorrow as I suspect I like him quite a lot more than I'm aware of and a heck of a lot more than he does. Although I don't know if he likes me at all to be frank. My friends keep telling me that he keeps glancing at me and gravitating towards me but that's the sort of thin you expect your friends to say of your crush isn't it? So their judgement is slightly subjective. Moot point.

I've rambled so much. My sincerest apologies. If you've actually read this I thank you with all my heart and I ask you only this: What, for the love of Nora, should I do?
Just simply asking and saying "I really like you, do you like me too?" is the best way to do it. Most of us guys are idiots and can't take a hint, so you have to be direct and to the point about things like that.
Original post by Tootles
Just simply asking and saying "I really like you, do you like me too?" is the best way to do it. Most of us guys are idiots and can't take a hint, so you have to be direct and to the point about things like that.

Agreed. Hints are TOO subtle imho
Reply 3
Original post by Tootles

Thank you for the advice! But that's terrifying! The rejection.. oh d'horreur! I don't know how boys ask out girls, much too stigmatized nowadays. I salute you males for your bravery!
Reply 4
Ask him for a bite to eat or a drink. You don't have to declare your love right now. Test the water but do no try to avoid him. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5

Tell him that you enjoyed spending time with him on Saturday and wondered if he would like to get together sometime
Yeah just mention Saturday and see if he says anything about the kiss. You know if you don't talk to him you'll regret it
Reply 7
be blunt; he will appreciate it
Reply 8
You do recognise that avoiding him isn't rational when you actually like him, right? So pluck up the courage to show your face, he's probably just as embarrassed and scared as you are.

Be sure to come back and tell us how you get on.
Reply 9
Original post by Pride
You do recognise that avoiding him isn't rational when you actually like him, right? So pluck up the courage to show your face, he's probably just as embarrassed and scared as you are.

Be sure to come back and tell us how you get on.

I know, I know:colondollar: I've been kicking myself every time I run from him. I think its turned into some form of a reflex. Righty ho! Thank you all!! Time to man up as they say! I'll make sure I do!
I know, I know:colondollar: I've been kicking myself every time I run from him. I think its turned into some form of a reflex. Righty ho! Thank you all!! Time to man up as they say! I'll make sure I do!

Sounds like a somewhat romantic moment you had on saturday . albeit probably being a drunken sloppy kiss , it sounds like there is something there.

As people have suggested I think being upfront about it is the best option , maybe if you can't find the guts to verbally admit it to him or simply don't get the chance as your likely surrounded by others I'd suggest passing him a note saying 'So , about saturday ..." and just see where he takes it
Reply 11
Original post by Jaegon Targaryen
Sounds like a somewhat romantic moment you had on saturday . albeit probably being a drunken sloppy kiss , it sounds like there is something there.

As people have suggested I think being upfront about it is the best option , maybe if you can't find the guts to verbally admit it to him or simply don't get the chance as your likely surrounded by others I'd suggest passing him a note saying 'So , about saturday ..." and just see where he takes it

That, right there, is a genius idea. Thank you beautiful person!
Reply 12
I remember being like this. As I got older, it's became easier to tell someone I like them. No idea why, but really.. There's nothing to be afraid of with telling someone you like them and there's nothing to lose, especially when it's already pretty obvious you like him.
Thank you for the advice! But that's terrifying! The rejection.. oh d'horreur! I don't know how boys ask out girls, much too stigmatized nowadays. I salute you males for your bravery!
I'm not brave at all, in fact I'm a resolute coward. When I tell a girl I like her, it's in surrender; I'm waving the white flag and saying 'OK, you got me.'

Don't fear rejection.
Reply 14
The way you've written your post makes me gaaaag :nooo::nooo::nooo:
And yes as above just cut to the chase (without the silly language...)
Reply 15
Original post by marinaim
The way you've written your post makes me gaaaag :nooo::nooo::nooo:
And yes as above just cut to the chase (without the silly language...)

So sorry! Mais, c'est moi! Silly language:redface: ah non alors! I like to call it quirky:tongue: I think this is how everyone (that I know) speaks. But thank you!
Reply 16

Honestly just tell him how you feel; my boyfriend and I spoke for 6 months before we got together but we would only speak ON FACEBOOK as we were both socially awkward, incredibly shy and afraid of each other; I eventually told him that I liked him and it turned out he liked me too; we basically liked each other so much we didn't want to muck anything up so I suspect perhaps that's the same with you?

we spoke to each other face to face rarely and wave at each other every time we'd pass each other in the corridors and stuff (pathetic I KNOW, or at least looking back it sounds it) but eventually our groups of friends sat us both down to chat (which led to cuddling and a kiss etc) and 3 1/2 years later we're still together and it was the best decision i ever made.

you never know what you could be missing out on, so just tell him see where it goes :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending