The Student Room Group

IGCSE May Exams 2014

Hello everyone!
Just wondering who is taking IGCSEs this may and what subjects you're all doing. Anyone got any revision/study tips? I'm doing Human Biology, Geography, Double Award Science and English Literature :aetsch:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I'm doing IGCSE at CIE board in May!

I'm taking Co-ordinated double award science, maths, history, geography, French, english language, english literature.

I haven't even started revising, and haven't done my argumentative coursework essay for english!
Well, I'm not really planning to revise for English and maths, I need to work hard for History though!
Original post by C0balt
I'm doing IGCSE at CIE board in May!

I'm taking Co-ordinated double award science, maths, history, geography, French, english language, english literature.

I haven't even started revising, and haven't done my argumentative coursework essay for english!
Well, I'm not really planning to revise for English and maths, I need to work hard for History though!

Why are you bothering to take the exams?

All the Edexcel books are really helpful, as are the past exam papers. I am sitting French in May but all the rest in January '15.
Reply 3
I am doing CIE. I'm doing English, Literature, Maths, French, I.T, Business Studies, Art, Chemistry, Physics and Global Perspectives.
Reply 4
Cool! I'm with the Edexcel board :smile: I've started revising for DA science and human biology but can't seem to get started on geography. There's just so much memory work especially with the case studies! I really need to get a move on with English lit as well, I'm supposed to be studying Pride and Prejudice and I have yet to finish reading the book.... :crast:
Reply 5
Original post by MouseyBrown
Why are you bothering to take the exams?

All the Edexcel books are really helpful, as are the past exam papers. I am sitting French in May but all the rest in January '15.

Why I'm bothering? Well, I am forced by the school...anything else..?
Reply 6
for the science is your first chemistry exam on 13th may edexcel igcse???????
Reply 7
Original post by Bubbles26
for the science is your first chemistry exam on 13th may edexcel igcse???????

Yep, it's on Tue 13th May :^_^:
Reply 8
cool, i cant believe how close the exam is! anyways, i was just wondering whether anyone could help me out by suggesting topics that would come up in the paper 1 and 2. i know that the organic chemistry comes up in paper 1 , because my teacher said and its obvious as its a repeated pattern in the past papers. i did the biology last year, so all the topics that everyone suggested did actually come up. i would be a great help if anyone knew what topics there would be.
Hi!

I'll be studying English First language paper 2 and 3 as a private candidate. It's definitely worth investing in revision guides and workbooks!
My exam is on the 8 & 16th of May (very close!)

Good luck everyone!
Hi,How are you guys revising for the igcse sciences?
Original post by myrahussain99
Hi,How are you guys revising for the igcse sciences?

Basically just using my revision guide and memorising the stuff in it! The trick is, not to do too much at once. I usually do one subject at a time like this week I did just chemistry and I feel so much more confident! I've already done biology so just physics left to revise for DA science :smile:
Anyone got tips for how to remember and study the case studies in geography? I can't figure out how to tackle them!
If the syllabus for science and mathematics for CIE IGCSE and CIE O level is same ,can the past papers for O level be solved for additional practice?
Reply 13
Original post by SophiaBA2015
Hi!

I'll be studying English First language paper 2 and 3 as a private candidate. It's definitely worth investing in revision guides and workbooks!
My exam is on the 8 & 16th of May (very close!)

Good luck everyone!
Me too! Good luck for them! :biggrin:How are you finding the work?
Reply 14
I'm doing English Language, French, Biology,Chemistry and Economics (CIE)

Original post by kinji
I am doing CIE. I'm doing English, Literature, Maths, French, I.T, Business Studies, Art, Chemistry, Physics and Global Perspectives.

How do you plan on studying for french? I've never actually studied for it before but i still get A's. I really want to bump that up to an A*. Do you know of any online resources that would be of great use?
Reply 15
Original post by pbunny
I'm doing English Language, French, Biology,Chemistry and Economics (CIE)

How do you plan on studying for french? I've never actually studied for it before but i still get A's. I really want to bump that up to an A*. Do you know of any online resources that would be of great use?

I do many past papers especially the listening. For the oral, I look at the general questions and answer them (you should do this with a friend-it's a lot more fun!) For p2-I don't revise because mostly, we just copy answers from the passage! For, the p4, I practice a lot and use the Internet to learn new words. You could use BBC Bitesize-it has French games and stuff. I hope this helped! GOOD LUCK!:biggrin:
How's everyone doing with revision? The exams are nearly here *panics*
Reply 17
Original post by AppleBlossoms

Pretty good! I finished biology last week and i intend to finish chemistry and economics this week. Then i'll only have french/english which will only take a week to complete. I'm so terrified for french it unbelievable - i don't know what to expect, it could go either way!

How about you?
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 18
Original post by AppleBlossoms

I'm intending to start today...lol
Well - I'm not planning to do anything about maths, French and English language. Just the night before the exams - I might do for maths. French is holy moly easy because I live in France, and English has nothing I could do.

Which leaves me with History, Geography and Sciences...oops and Literature Fk
EHhhh I really need to focus on History but it's like the largest syllabus of century so...*sigh*
Reply 19
Original post by C0balt
I'm intending to start today...lol
Well - I'm not planning to do anything about maths, French and English language. Just the night before the exams - I might do for maths. French is holy moly easy because I live in France, and English has nothing I could do.

Which leaves me with History, Geography and Sciences...oops and Literature Fk
EHhhh I really need to focus on History but it's like the largest syllabus of century so...*sigh*

As a student who has done their IGCSE Maths exam last year, i DEFINITELY think you should study/do practice if your aiming for an A* . Regardless of how good you are at maths you need to PRACTICE to do well in the IGCSE exam! And there is plenty to do for english. It highly skills based, so you need to master the skills to get the coveted A* in the exam. I know IGCSE's are easy and all but try to take it more seriously :P
(edited 10 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest