The Student Room Group

How can I move on?

Tomorrow night there will be a guy coming out with my friends. He hinted he liked me in the beginning but I had doubts about his motive. Over time I started to like him and then I told him in person that I liked him but he seemed awkward and then said "I'm saying no as you turned me down in the beginning". I told him it took me a lot for me to tell him as I am shy and he then said he is shy too and he said he still liked me etc. That didn't make sense why he turned me down if he was still interested.

I can't get over him as he keeps coming out and keeps coming up to me. He isn't even local and lives an hour away so why is he coming all that way? It's like I can't even go out on my own territory. What I don't get is if he is so shy then why is he on a dating site? I have had enough of this 'game' and don't know what to do tomorrow night.
Reply 1
Honestly, just ignor him. Pretend you don't like him and don't speak to him much, like only when he asks a question specifically directed at you.
If he really likes you it'll get him thinking that maybe you are moving on and he'll start 'making a move' on you and maybe even ask you out (hopefully).
Tried it myself, and it worked! :wink:
It'll be hellar hard but, it's worth a try. Don't make it obvious though.

Hope this helps.:biggrin:
Original post by Glenis.k
Honestly, just ignor him. Pretend you don't like him and don't speak to him much, like only when he asks a question specifically directed at you.
If he really likes you it'll get him thinking that maybe you are moving on and he'll start 'making a move' on you and maybe even ask you out (hopefully).
Tried it myself, and it worked! :wink:
It'll be hellar hard but, it's worth a try. Don't make it obvious though.

Hope this helps.:biggrin:

Like she said, shes had enough of playing games and that would just be another one.

Original post by Anonymous
Tomorrow night there will be a guy coming out with my friends. He hinted he liked me in the beginning but I had doubts about his motive. Over time I started to like him and then I told him in person that I liked him but he seemed awkward and then said "I'm saying no as you turned me down in the beginning". I told him it took me a lot for me to tell him as I am shy and he then said he is shy too and he said he still liked me etc. That didn't make sense why he turned me down if he was still interested.

I can't get over him as he keeps coming out and keeps coming up to me. He isn't even local and lives an hour away so why is he coming all that way? It's like I can't even go out on my own territory. What I don't get is if he is so shy then why is he on a dating site? I have had enough of this 'game' and don't know what to do tomorrow night.

Just be honest with him. Tell him you like him but you aren't willing to play around anymore. If he wants something with you then he's going to have to be real with you and stop messing around.
Reply 3
Original post by lipslikemorphine
Like she said, shes had enough of playing games and that would just be another one.

Oh well, sorry.
Reply 4
Am a bit nervous about later. Anyone else got any tips?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending