The Student Room Group

Architecture offers - 2014 - Uni of Westminster

Hi guys, I’m just wondering whether you or you know anyone who has applied to Westminster for architecture. I had my interview recently, and I am still waiting for the outcome but I am really worried. The guy was really kind but caught me a couple of times with some questions. I was really nervous but tried to act as confident as possible. I just want to know how likely is it for them to give unconditional offers. And if not so likely, are they likely to lower entry requirements. and also give an offer just in general. The interviewee also asked me about my other offers and grades required (which were all conditional), does this affect the offer they will give me? I appreciate any help and preferably from those who actually have experience or know somebody that has been through it and could ask them for me. I would appreciate it very much. Also, how long do they usually take to answer you.
Thank you very much in advance.
:smile:
Can you remember who you were interviewed by? Head of the undergraduate course? Asking about details of other offers is bad form on their part.

As far as I know, they rarely give unconditionals and sometimes lower the grades (usually only if you have a previous degree).
Reply 2
Original post by GormlessWonder
Can you remember who you were interviewed by? Head of the undergraduate course? Asking about details of other offers is bad form on their part.

As far as I know, they rarely give unconditionals and sometimes lower the grades (usually only if you have a previous degree).

No I can't really, but he was an Asian guy Im guessing. I received my reply yesterday anyways and I didn't get the offer at all. I actually thought I would but yeah, I was gutted. I asked if I could reject the offers I have and apply through extra and they said the only chance I have is clearing. im honestly gutted. Can I ask why asking about other offers is bad? lool thanks x
Original post by rainbow321
No I can't really, but he was an Asian guy Im guessing. I received my reply yesterday anyways and I didn't get the offer at all. I actually thought I would but yeah, I was gutted. I asked if I could reject the offers I have and apply through extra and they said the only chance I have is clearing. im honestly gutted. Can I ask why asking about other offers is bad? lool thanks x

Clearing sometimes has reasonable universities so that might be an option for you, I think Westminster was in clearing last year but I'm not certain, google research previous years and the procedure, it's a fast and stressful thing so you need to figure it all out early. A foundation year out is a third option.

I think an interviewer asking about other offers is bad because it's information that isn't relevant to their decision at all, and information that may be used against you. The idea of them trying to gauge your position or motivations or talents through second-hand indicators like that is just suspect and lazy.
I was once asked for what offers I had, and at the time I said I had no university offers, so the head of one of my unis I applied for gave me an unconditional offer ( I already had my A levels results before I applied)
Basically he might have asked you to work out if Westminster was high priority on your list, since you mention you had other offers, he may have thought it wasn't your first choice.
I think the uni is capped on how many offers they can give out, they took on too many students before.

I think I know who the asain guy might be. Don't worry, he probably thought you didn't fit into the school. This happens in life, sometimes you don't get that job because you wasn't a fit for the office. That's not to say you are in adequate.

If it is your first choice, you could get a tutor to call up and speak to them to ask for a reconsideration?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending