The Student Room Group

UCAS points and grades confusion!

The university I want to go to has it's entry requirements as BBB or 300 UCAS points (including a biological science) for my course. I am currently doing my third year at college (don't judge :tongue:) but I should have a total of 4 A levels and 2 AS levels at the end of this year. I already have 2 full A levels grades (an A and a C) and 2 AS levels grades (2 B's) which means I already have 300 UCAS points and I am finishing off two A levels because I need the biological science,

does this mean that I still need to get a BB in the remaining two A levels? Or could I get lower than a B and still get in as I already have 300 points?

Sorry for the confusion in advance!
What A-level and AS grades do you already have? In which subjects? Which ones are you studying now?
Reply 2
Psychology A2 - A
Maths A2 - C
Religious studies AS - B
Sociology AS - B
General studies A2 - D

Biology AS - B
Chemistry AS - B

and I'm doing biology and chemistry at A2 and resitting a maths unit :smile:
(edited 10 years ago)
OK, when your offer says '300 Ucas points' does it say they have to be from full A-levels? Some courses specify this, some don't...
Reply 4
On their website it says BBB or 300 UCAS points including a biological science so I don't think they ask for full 3 A levels, but on the conditions of my offer, it only says BBB and not 300 ucas points which is why I'm so confused :confused:
Well, if your offer says BBB then it appears that's what they want from you. However, I would suggest contacting the admissions department on Monday and checking.

Which course is this?
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 6
I'm applying for midwifery and yeah that's what I was thinking, I will contact them and ask, thank you for your answers :smile:
Reply 7
Course my daughter wants says 240 ucas points but our confusion is scottish highers and advanced highers compared to a levels as england know them.
Been told that she has to get advanced highers for points rather than highers but if she wanted to go to uni before sitting advanced then would she get in....so confusing.

Posted from TSR Mobile
If they want BBB then that should be from pending grades, no point having achieved grades as part of their conditions. Phone to check but I think they want BBB in Bio, Chem and Maths.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending