The Student Room Group

I want him but just not now..? i think?

I love my boyfriend very much, we've been together 8 months and everyone says they have never seem me happier.. however I'm only 22 and feel like I'm not ready to settle down.. it's hard to describe but I know I want to be with him in the end like get married and have a family with him and be happy but I wish he had of came along a few years later just to give me that time to have fun and grow up on my own.. anyone else ever feel like this.. what to dooooo.. /:
Reply 1
If it were me I would count myself lucky that I've found 'the one' so early. Breaking up to see other people would be a waste of time.
Original post by peachyfin
I love my boyfriend very much, we've been together 8 months and everyone says they have never seem me happier.. however I'm only 22 and feel like I'm not ready to settle down.. it's hard to describe but I know I want to be with him in the end like get married and have a family with him and be happy but I wish he had of came along a few years later just to give me that time to have fun and grow up on my own.. anyone else ever feel like this.. what to dooooo.. /:

I don't understand what that means. You say you're the happiest you've been yet you say that bit in bold? Confusing.
Reply 3
I kind of get what you mean but not really.

I'm in a relationship at 21. Being single might be fun and give me excitement, but it won't get me anything in the long run. I've only had sex with my boyfriend but I don't feel that having sex with anyone else would gain me anything. The only thing it could give me is a few STDs :P I'm happy how I am.
Selfish
Reply 5

I would count myself lucky, I do understand what you are trying to say but unless you break up with him then get back together there isnt much you c do chick just enjoy your relationship.
Reply 6
Maybe you'll only appreciate what you have once it's gone, OP...
Reply 7
Problem is if I can't get it back haaa
Reply 8
There's a popular idiom which I believe would be appropriate here, you've probably heard it before:

'You can't have your boyfriend and eat him'.

I hope this is of help.
Reply 9
Problem is if I can't get it back haaa

Would you be happy if your boyfriend told you, 'I'd like to have fun with other girls, but can you be back here waiting for me to come back, then we can settle down...'

Of course you wouldn't. It's human nature to want exclusivity and loyalty.
You're only making yourself unhappy by overthinking things. Just go with the flow...
Reply 11
You obviously aren't ready for a relationship. If you don't break up with him now, you probably will later on.
Whether that's a good idea or not is a different matter.
Reply 12
As it looks like you're not ready, just take your time as there is no rush for anything.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending