The Student Room Group

Could I negotiate with my Uni's regarding my offer?

Scroll to see replies

Check if the your course went into clearing last year, if it did they might lower it, they lowered one of mine from ABC to BCC so its worth a try if they did go into clearing. If they didn't go into clearing I doubt it is worth trying.
Original post by anxiouslife
Good for you. Pity I don't care. :colone:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Then why bother asking for advice if you don't care?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Coffeetime
Then why bother asking for advice if you don't care?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Because he's a hustler, apparently....
Original post by carnationlilyrose
Because he's a hustler, apparently....

Haha. Good point.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Good for you. Pity I don't care. :colone:

Posted from TSR Mobile

The fact that you don't care doesn't surprise me, to be honest, as you don't seem to care about your studies.

I rather hope that one of the TSR contributors who works in admissions contacts a colleague at Loughborough to advise them that the person trying to 'hustle' them into lowering their offer...

1) Is self-confessedly lazy (see this thread).

2) Isn't very interested in History given that they want to read as little as possible (see http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=46313365&highlight=)

3) Appears to be in trouble at school quite often (see http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=45245102&highlight=)

Loughborough might not care (oh, the irony!) because this is the first year that they are running single honours History and could well be desperate to fill the course. In which case, good luck to you.
Reply 25
Original post by ageshallnot
The fact that you don't care doesn't surprise me, to be honest, as you don't seem to care about your studies.

I rather hope that one of the TSR contributors who works in admissions contacts a colleague at Loughborough to advise them that the person trying to 'hustle' them into lowering their offer...

1) Is self-confessedly lazy (see this thread).

2) Isn't very interested in History given that they want to read as little as possible (see http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=46313365&highlight=)

3) Appears to be in trouble at school quite often (see http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=45245102&highlight=)

Loughborough might not care (oh, the irony!) because this is the first year that they are running single honours History and could well be desperate to fill the course. In which case, good luck to you.

The two threads cited imply prove absolutely nothing about my interest in History, or behaviour in school.. and I think you're well aware of that. Clutching at straws methinks!

Going out of your way to overly-keenly make unsubstantiated statements about somebody doesn't say much about you.

But you might not care about that.

Posted from TSR Mobile
OP, you just don't like that others have pointed out the obvious. I honestly hope you do not get into Loughborough, just because they could offer a space to an applicant that actually deserves it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'd just say, I've got this offer at x uni, and I can't decide which one of you to firm. I'd really like to feel like I'm making the right decision to go to Loughborough, could you make my decision easier?
Can they up the offer?
The two threads cited imply prove absolutely nothing about my interest in History, or behaviour in school.. and I think you're well aware of that. Clutching at straws methinks!

Going out of your way to overly-keenly make unsubstantiated statements about somebody doesn't say much about you.

But you might not care about that.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I note that you cannot dispute the fact that you are lazy given that it came from your own words.

You also seem not to understand the word 'unsubstantiated' because I provided evidence for all my points and made logical deductions from the posts you made. For example, your post about how much reading is needed in a History degree states,

"given its unavoidability, would like to learn about roughly how much work is done in the first year"

In other words, you want to avoid work i.e. reading History books and writing History essays.

As for my third point, what other meaning can possibly be construed from your question?

In any case, why not revise in an attempt to get into Exeter or Loghborough instead of arguing on here?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending