The Student Room Group

Advice needed: Study ACCA Full-time in LSBF

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
but one thing you have to check if they are tier 4. see the listed ones. they are acca approved. LSBF is not listed and it is not at all approved and listed in the above list so do not choose it. it may not be worth. do better think and decide a proper option
Reply 21
Original post by kers123
but one thing you have to check if they are tier 4. see the listed ones. they are acca approved. LSBF is not listed and it is not at all approved and listed in the above list so do not choose it. it may not be worth. do better think and decide a proper option

Hi thanks for all the information. He's planned to go for BPP University in London. He must study in London because next year I'll be in London as well. It's not very good for a couple to live separate for one year.
Reply 22
Original post by kutar2753
Hi thanks for all the information. He's planned to go for BPP University in London. He must study in London because next year I'll be in London as well. It's not very good for a couple to live separate for one year.

Yes true. Best of luck. nice couple best wishes. have a safe and happy journey
Reply 23
Original post by kers123
Yes true. Best of luck. nice couple best wishes. have a safe and happy journey

Thanks! Good luck with your ACCA course as well!
Reply 24
thanks
Reply 25
I wish the OP best of Luck in finding a solution

Original post by AW1983
First of all, immigration laws suck. They exist only to meet the demands of each nation's parasitic losers who are scared of competition because of their own inadequacy. It is frankly ridiculous that an accounting graduate who trained in this country and his girlfriend who is gaining a masters should be in this position and makes a mockery of claims that Britain is lax on immigration - even Australia, who have a firm but fair criteria, would welcome two people with credentials like yours in with open arms.

As to the specific problem. I don't think it really matters which school you choose, there is a not a lot in it. It is an awful shame that your boyfriend can't work though as I don't think it will be easy for him to find a job afterwards - so many are tailored to people who will work and study at the same time and he may be forced into less lucrative firms.

This may be an outlandish suggestion and not one I would recommend to anyone with the automatic right to remain in the UK but perhaps his best option is to think early about where he sees his accounting career heading and studying for a masters before he completes the professional level papers? He could then do the professional papers in the year when he gets a job.

British Immigration laws are far more sensible than many other countries in europe.
Accounting graduates are not in demand in the UK, no shortage of them.
The girlfriend is coming to study,no reason why that should mean everyones bf/gf should be able to work in the UK
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 26
Original post by James222
I wish the OP best of Luck in finding a solution

British Immigration laws are far more sensible than many other countries in europe.
Accounting graduates are not in demand in the UK, no shortage of them.
The girlfriend is coming to study,no reason why that should mean everyones bf/gf should be able to work in the UK

Actually we're married couple instead of bf/gf casual relationship. So that's why we're so serious about it.
Reply 27
Actually we're married couple instead of bf/gf casual relationship. So that's why we're so serious about it.

well good luck. In relation to your original question.

1. Is LSBF good for teaching? My concern is the issue of the admissions procedures and communication expressed in the QAA's Concerns Report (http://www.qaa.ac.uk/Newsroom/PressReleases/Pages/Concern-University-of-Wales-LSBF.aspx).

It is amongst the best the difference been LSBF,BPP and Kaplan is marginal.

2. Is LSBF a highly trusted Tier 4 Student (General) Visa sponsor? My concern is that my partner's visa might be suspended if the school is suddenly closed.

I dont know if they can sponsor visas, but no chance of the school being shut down its quite popular globally and reliable

3. What are the career prospects of graduates from the ACCA Full-time programme? My husband is a non-UK/EU national but he can speak perfect English and Chinese and has no immigration restriction to work in the UK after he completes the ACCA Full-time programme. Is it easy to find a job (which is qualified for the practical experience in the ACCA) in the City of London upon completion of all ACCA papers?

Its a very competitive market, and if he has no relevant work experience it will be even tougher. However, its a great qualification and with a good CV he should be find employment. He can definitely find work in the geographic entity London, but unlikely in the economic sector known as ' the City of London' ie Investment Banking

4. Or alternatively, should I check for other ACCA's Approved Learning Partners in London (see the list below)?

Goldsmith International Business School

Greenwich London College

Hammersmith Management College

Interlink College of Technology and Business Studies

London College of Accountancy - London

London South Bank University

South London College

West London Business College

Williams College

Many thanks!
Victoria

there is little difference between the providers at this stage, the ACCA qualification is the same no matter where you study it, the only difference is teaching style small groups vs large groups, online vs offline etc
Reply 28

Hey how is BPP?
I wish to learn there,too..
What's the fees..? I want to do ACCA 2nd and 3rd level?

I dont know if they can sponsor visas, but no chance of the school being shut down its quite popular globally and reliable

LSBF's status as visa sponsor has been suspended by the UK Home office..

http://www.timeshighereducation.co.uk/news/home-office-student-visa-clampdown-rocks-sector/2014151.article

www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/329796/140709_Factsheet_v2.pdf
Reply 30
Hi my partner is an undergraduate final-year student studying Accounting and Finance at a Russell Group university. The programme he's doing provides exemptions to all Fundamentals papers (from F1 to F9), and he's currently thinking to take the remaining 5 professional papers at the London School of Business and Finance (LSBF).

The reason why I preferred LSBF is that it's one of the ACCA's Approved Learning Partners (with Gold Status), as opposed to BPP and Kaplan suggested by most people in this forum. However, I've got a number of concerns regarding the management, overall reputation and teaching quality of the LSBF (see below).

1. Is LSBF good for teaching? My concern is the issue of the admissions procedures and communication expressed in the QAA's Concerns Report (http://www.qaa.ac.uk/Newsroom/PressReleases/Pages/Concern-University-of-Wales-LSBF.aspx).

2. Is LSBF a highly trusted Tier 4 Student (General) Visa sponsor? My concern is that my partner's visa might be suspended if the school is suddenly closed.

3. What are the career prospects of graduates from the ACCA Full-time programme? My husband is a non-UK/EU national but he can speak perfect English and Chinese and has no immigration restriction to work in the UK after he completes the ACCA Full-time programme. Is it easy to find a job (which is qualified for the practical experience in the ACCA) in the City of London upon completion of all ACCA papers?

4. Or alternatively, should I check for other ACCA's Approved Learning Partners in London (see the list below)?

Greenwich London College

South London College

Williams College

Many thanks!
Victoria

Hey how are you both?
I need to ask few questions about BPP. Need your help to know about acca at bpp
(edited 9 years ago)
Not the same as ot going bankrupt which is what i said

Sure - but not exactly good news, uh? and I'd think its better never to have had the status than having lost it (or being at risk of doing so).. but that's just me..
Hi my partner is an undergraduate final-year student studying Accounting and Finance at a Russell Group university. The programme he's doing provides exemptions to all Fundamentals papers (from F1 to F9), and he's currently thinking to take the remaining 5 professional papers at the London School of Business and Finance (LSBF).

The reason why I preferred LSBF is that it's one of the ACCA's Approved Learning Partners (with Gold Status), as opposed to BPP and Kaplan suggested by most people in this forum. However, I've got a number of concerns regarding the management, overall reputation and teaching quality of the LSBF (see below).

Greenwich London College

South London College

Williams College

Many thanks!
Victoria

Hi All,

We would like to clarify some of the questions raised in the beginning of this thread and point everyone in the right direction.

Last week, the Home Office lifted the temporary suspension of LSBF’s Tier 4 sponsor licence. LSBF has now been reinstated on the sponsor register as a Highly Trusted Sponsor, which means that we can continue to recruit and sponsor overseas students with immediate effect. For more details, visit: http://www.lsbf.org.uk/news-and-media/news/LSBFs-Highly-Trusted-Sponsor-Status.html

In addition, you will see that the latest report published by the Quality Assurance Agency for Higher Education (QAA) gave LSBF the highest accolade a confidence judgement on its academic standards and on the awards offered at the school. You can see the full report here: http://www.qaa.ac.uk/en/ReviewsAndReports/Documents/London%20School%20of%20Business%20and%20Finance/London-School-of-Business-and-Finance-REO-12.pdf

Moreover, LSBF is one of very few private higher education institutions to have won the Queen's Awards for Enterprise, the UK's highest and most prestigious business accolade.

Finally, LSBF is an ACCA Approved Learning Provider Gold, in the London, Birmingham and Manchester campuses and many of our ACCA tutors have won awards over the years.

If anyone has any questions, we would be more than happy to help.

Best regards,
LSBF Social Media Team
Original post by Sena5
Hey how are you both?
I need to ask few questions about BPP. Need your help to know about acca at bpp

Hey Sena5,

Are you still looking for a bit of info about BPP University- I see you are looking to study ACCA with us!
Let me know if you still want to hear more about the programme and I'll respond as soon as I can.

Thanks a lot!

Emily
Reply 35
Original post by BPP University
Hey Sena5,

Are you still looking for a bit of info about BPP University- I see you are looking to study ACCA with us!
Let me know if you still want to hear more about the programme and I'll respond as soon as I can.

Thanks a lot!

Emily

Hi,

Yes I would like to clarify my questions in the thread I created here- http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2738809&page=4
Original post by Sena5
Hi,

Yes I would like to clarify my questions in the thread I created here- http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2738809&page=4

Replied :smile:

Greenwich London College

South London College

Williams College

Many thanks!
Victoria

Hi Victoria,

Just wondering whether you had decided on which route to take with regards to your husband's ACCA tuition?

I see you were looking for Platinum status providers, and was going to see if you wanted to find out more information about Kaplan Financial as we are an ACCA approved Platinum Status provider.

Let me know, All the best!
Emelia
Hi.... So where did you end up studying??? Is LSBT still bad??? Because i also want to start in January
I am a very experienced ACCA teacher and I teach extremely well. I can tutor you from the beginning of ACCA over skype and you will pay me after each class.

Feel free to contact me.

Skype me on Skype at: ACCA Skype Tutor
or Facebook me at: Last Discovery

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending