The Student Room Group

OCR Criminal Law June 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Xandra_1995
Does anyone have any sample answers or structures for section A? :biggrin:

Tbh i find it easier laying out the law first
Original post by Blyts-_
Yes, section A, A02

It depends what grade you are aiming for...
For the self defence booklet, for the criticisms my teacher gave us 19 points which are all further developed, i'd say at least above 10 points
Reply 42
Could someone please tell me what the difference is between absolute liability offences and state of affaires?
Reply 43
For section B questions, after you've explained the law, when you apply it to the scenario, how long should the application part be? Would 4-6 lines for each person do?
Reply 44
I kinda need help with the reform proposals for omissions!? I need like a simplified version because i dont really understand it in the textbook? :frown: :O
Reply 45
Original post by Umarahh
I kinda need help with the reform proposals for omissions!? I need like a simplified version because i dont really understand it in the textbook? :frown: :O

- Should there be a Good Samaritan law?
- Problems in deciding when a duty exists, in Khan and Khan, the court said obiter duty situations could be extended to other areas - Makes the law uncertain

That's all I know off the top of my head
Reply 46
If we were to get a question on omissions and I only included those three points but in depth, would it be enough do you think?
Reply 47
Highly unlikely omissions will come up since it came last year, still a chance though. Considering 20 marks are available for evaluation, I'd say you need about 3-4 well developed points
Reply 48
Original post by Blyts-_
Highly unlikely omissions will come up since it came last year, still a chance though. Considering 20 marks are available for evaluation, I'd say you need about 3-4 well developed points

Oh okay.. So what do you think could come up?
Original post by Umarahh
Oh okay.. So what do you think could come up?

It didnt come up last year.....
The last time omissions actually came up was in January 2012 so it highly likely it could come up
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 50
Original post by random1234567
It didnt come up last year.....
The last time omissions actually came up was in January 2012 so it highly likely it could come up

Didn't it come in the June 2013 paper? or was that causation?
Original post by Blyts-_
Didn't it come in the June 2013 paper? or was that causation?

Causation lol
Reply 52
Causation lol

Soooo, what are you mainly going to revise?
Reply 53
Original post by Umarahh
I'm hoping theft comes up, or even something like involuntary manslaughter or something from the defences section, I can't get my head around murder though. :s-smilie:

What is it you can't get your head around re: murder?
Reply 54
Could someone please explain what the Gammon Test is?
Original post by Umarahh
Soooo, what are you mainly going to revise?

Mmmm, for section A omissions, strict liability and one other topic. For section B homicide and probably non-fatel offences. Not sure about section c
Im still confused about the evaluation points for section A. I dont know how many to include
Reply 56
Mmmm, for section A omissions, strict liability and one other topic. For section B homicide and probably non-fatel offences. Not sure about section c
Im still confused about the evaluation points for section A. I dont know how many to include

As 20 marks are available do you think 4-5 well developed points would be okay? maybe 5 marks per developed point?
Original post by Blyts-_
As 20 marks are available do you think 4-5 well developed points would be okay? maybe 5 marks per developed point?

Hmm, I guess so you mean linking it to a relevant case etc?
Reply 58
Hmm, I guess so you mean linking it to a relevant case etc?

Yes, it would be good to include cases when evaluating. eg - Strict liability - no due diligence defence leads to unfair convictions as occurred in the cases of Callow v Tilstone and Harrow LBC vs Shah and Shah
Original post by Blyts-_
Yes, it would be good to include cases when evaluating. eg - Strict liability - no due diligence defence leads to unfair convictions as occurred in the cases of Callow v Tilstone and Harrow LBC vs Shah and Shah

Its so much easier just thinking of 5 points and developing them instead of listing 20 separate point lol!

Quick Reply

Latest