The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Nottingham politics applicants 2014

I've applied to Nottingham for politics and after a recent open day I'm pretty sure it's my first choice. Any other politics applicants out there, or Nottingham students who can give me their perspective on the university? :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Hello :smile:
I have recently firmed politics at Nottingham! I absolutely love the feel of the university and the staff seemed amazing and funny so hopefully lectures won't be too dull! So praying I can get the grades now! What did you think of Nottingham?
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Hi, sorry for the late reply - I didn't get any notifications that you had responded. Since I wrote this I firmed Nottingham, and just today I accepted accomodation at Cripps, so all is going ahead! I definitely agree that the lectures were good on an open day that I did - combined with the campus tours I got that "good feeling" for the place. Maybe I will see you there! :smile:
No problem! Yay good choice!! That's cool, I've got accepted into accomodation at nightingale which I was happy with :smile: yeah I loved everything about the uni! Fingers crossed we can meet each other- praying I can get the grades!!! Good luck!
Hey ☺️
I've just firmed Nottingham for Politics a couple of days ago too
Applied for St Peters Court but not heard back yet, fingers crossed though
It's all a bit scary, be nice to know someone before we get there 😟
Trying not to think about it too much though, still got to get the grades!
Yay another person :smile: yeah it makes it a little easier. Ahh I'm stressing so much about getting the grades, it put me a little at ease that they said they would more than likely accept ABB. Good luck with exams! What subjects have you both taken?
Original post by Kissiwhizzy
Yay another person :smile: yeah it makes it a little easier. Ahh I'm stressing so much about getting the grades, it put me a little at ease that they said they would more than likely accept ABB. Good luck with exams! What subjects have you both taken?

Oh I know, I don't know what I'll do if I don't get the grades 😔
Yeah it's good, they said the same to me
Thank you, good luck to you!
Psychology, English Language and Drama, you? x
Same! I will probably cry a lot haha! Thanks :smile: very nice, I wish I had taken psychology! I've taken English literature, history and biology. I hate biology so much and I feel that will be the subject that will prevent me from getting in :L
Original post by Kissiwhizzy
Same! I will probably cry a lot haha! Thanks :smile: very nice, I wish I had taken psychology! I've taken English literature, history and biology. I hate biology so much and I feel that will be the subject that will prevent me from getting in :L

Same
There's so much to remember this year without January exams 😔
I wish I'd taken Lit and History!
I did Biology last year and absolutely hated it
I'm sure you'll be fine!
Yeah I agree although I would have only had one exam in jan anyway. Yeah I love history, not so keen on lit :L yeah it's horrible but I had to drop maths so I was forced to take biology. Thanks I hope so!
Hi, again I have to apologise for my lack of response to the thread I created :smile: A levels made me forget about the outside world for a while... Another politics student, very exciting! I've been looking forward to going (grades permitting!) but it still seems so far away!!
Not a Politics student but from the same faculty, I'm a future International Relations student :biggrin: (Still need to have my offer changed from conditional to unconditional, but I met my requirements :smile:)
Original post by Alwennia
Not a Politics student but from the same faculty, I'm a future International Relations student :biggrin: (Still need to have my offer changed from conditional to unconditional, but I met my requirements :smile:)

Hello! Are you excited for September? I know I am :smile:
I am so excited ! My last exams were on the 23rd of June (I've had my results since) so I'll have 3 month of holidays, soooo long! (And I can't work because I won't be 18 this summer :'( )
I am so excited ! My last exams were on the 23rd of June (I've had my results since) so I'll have 3 month of holidays, soooo long! (And I can't work because I won't be 18 this summer :'( )

I know, my last one was the 18th of June and I have begun to get seriously bored in the meantime. How did you get your results already? I'm doing a countdown to the 14th of August! Oh that sucks, but at least you get a lie in :smile:
Original post by Ireneadler596
I know, my last one was the 18th of June and I have begun to get seriously bored in the meantime. How did you get your results already? I'm doing a countdown to the 14th of August! Oh that sucks, but at least you get a lie in :smile:

I'm French and our written exams are from June 16th to June 23rd with results day on July 4th. :biggrin:
I'm French and our written exams are from June 16th to June 23rd with results day on July 4th. :biggrin:

Wow doing a degree in a different country is quite a feat! Have you sorted your accommodation and everything for when you start? :smile:
Original post by Ireneadler596
Wow doing a degree in a different country is quite a feat! Have you sorted your accommodation and everything for when you start? :smile:

Accomodation is done but about the banks and how do I move my things, well, let me tell you, 3 months of holidays won't be too much!
Accomodation is done but about the banks and how do I move my things, well, let me tell you, 3 months of holidays won't be too much!

Well good luck with it all! Maybe our paths will cross in September :smile:
Hi guys,
I've recently got my results and got in to Nottingham for my Politics course, I'm so excited to be going now! I'm staying in Sherwood hall.
I did A levels but didn't do too well so did a year at another University where I did a foundation degree in Social science and Law to use as entry to Nottingham.
I wouldn't worry about getting in, I'm sure you all will.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending