The Student Room Group

Medicine - Question?

I'm taking my As levels this year in: History, English Literature, Psychology & Economics.

However, I've decided I'd like to do Medicine at Uni... Problem is, I'm not doing Chemistry/Biology.

GCSEs: 6A* 6A 1B
As Level Predictions: AAAA

Would it be better to take 3 years at sixth form (So Next Year do English Lit History A2, and Chemistry & Biology As, then in year 3 do Chemistry and Biology A2) I'd end up with 4 A Levels and 2 As
However, I'm aware hardly any Universities allow people to do 3 years at Sixth form.

Or would it be better to apply for Manchester/Sheffield/Cardiff Medicine with a foundation year?

Thoughts?
Reply 1
Original post by emilialucy
I'm taking my As levels this year in: History, English Literature, Psychology & Economics.

However, I've decided I'd like to do Medicine at Uni... Problem is, I'm not doing Chemistry/Biology.

GCSEs: 6A* 6A 1B
As Level Predictions: AAAA

Would it be better to take 3 years at sixth form (So Next Year do English Lit History A2, and Chemistry & Biology As, then in year 3 do Chemistry and Biology A2) I'd end up with 4 A Levels and 2 As
However, I'm aware hardly any Universities allow people to do 3 years at Sixth form.

Or would it be better to apply for Manchester/Sheffield/Cardiff Medicine with a foundation year?

Thoughts?

Foundation year; loads of universities specify that they only like A levels taken over two years

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending