The Student Room Group

Is there any point in sitting the AEA examination?

I had myself entered for the AEA examination this summer, as I was planning on accepting an offer to do Mathematics at Bath - who would lower their entry requirements if I were to achieve a Merit in it. However, I now think I'd rather do Mathematics at Bristol - and they will not lower their offer if I do AEA. Does this mean that there is absolutely no point in sitting it?

Bristols offer was AAA with an A in maths and an A in further maths. I'm slightly concerned that I won't make this offer... Whilst I don't think that achieving AA for maths and F maths shouldn't be too difficult, I'm concerned that I won't be able to achieve the third A as both my other subjects are essay based.

If I were to miss my offer on grounds such as these, would I be more likely to still get in if I took AEA and did well in it? Like, what if I achieves A*AB + Merit in AEA... Would I be likely to still get in?

Thanks
Reply 1
Bump
Reply 2
It's impossible to say as it depends on how well everyone else did and how close you were to meeting the offer.

AEA may well be seen as a positive factor when they make their decision, but it doesn't guarantee anything.

Quick Reply

Latest