The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Hi I've just recieved an offer to study Biochemistry at Warwick

Hi I've just recieved an offer to study Biochemistry at Warwick. They have given me an offer of ABB. The thing that is making this a tough decision is the fact that Sheffield Hallam have given me an unconditional offer providing I make them my firm. How lenient would you say Warwick is grade wise?
Reply 1
Biochemistry was in clearing last year, for what it's worth. I think the requirements through clearing were BBB.
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Reply 2
Original post by Lethorio
Biochemistry was in clearing last year, for what it's worth. I think the requirements through clearing were BBB.

That seems quite reasonable tbh plus if they were my firm it would put me in a reasonable chance even if there was a grade slip. I visited keele yesterday and absolutely loved the environment as the campus was magnificent. It boils down to the reputation of warwick vs the campus of keele vs the security of Sheffield hallam :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by Biochemist7
That seems quite reasonable tbh plus if they were my firm it would put me in a reasonable chance even if there was a grade slip. I visited keele yesterday and absolutely loved the environment as the campus was magnificent. It boils down to the reputation of warwick vs the campus of keele vs the security of Sheffield hallam :smile:

I may be biased, as I'm a first year biomed at Warwick, but the Warwick campus is beautiful too. Walking down to Gibbet Hill is nice.
Reply 4
Original post by Lethorio
I may be biased, as I'm a first year biomed at Warwick, but the Warwick campus is beautiful too. Walking down to Gibbet Hill is nice.

Hey I've just got back from a Warwick open day and fell in love with the place instantly!!! In y opinion it's just as gorgeous as keele. The staff were so down to earth and helpful also. I'm a nervous wreck atm picking whether to go with warwick or the unconditional as a firm! :confused:
Original post by Biochemist7
Hey I've just got back from a Warwick open day and fell in love with the place instantly!!! In y opinion it's just as gorgeous as keele. The staff were so down to earth and helpful also. I'm a nervous wreck atm picking whether to go with warwick or the unconditional as a firm! :confused:

If you liked Warwick, then set it as a goal. It gives you something to work towards, rather than having the mentality that you have the unconditional, so you can relax.

Good luck where ever you decide to go. :smile:
Reply 6
Current 2nd year Biochemist here

My offer was for AAB, but I managed to get in despite only getting ABB. It seems like a relatively under subscribed course so it's probably why they're so lenient :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by drises
Current 2nd year Biochemist here

My offer was for AAB, but I managed to get in despite only getting ABB. It seems like a relatively under subscribed course so it's probably why they're so lenient :smile:

Thankyou! That's a bit of peace at mind

Quick Reply

Latest