The Student Room Group
Reply 1
yep I saw one my fit teachers wearing them once nice. lol.
If you're well endowed then I'd say go for it, otherwise avoid at all costs. Mind you if it's under a pair of footie shorts then it doesn't really make much difference.
Reply 3
If you're running you dont look too good - a pair of shorts would look better.

Cycling shorts look amazing when you have cyclists legs though, and are on a bike...
hummmmm...... maybe if the is just a bulge but a blatent outline of a guy's penis in these shorts (which does seem to happen) is verry unnattractive and soooo unsexy :smile:
Reply 5
I quite like that... interesting anyway. Oh I do like to watch men cyclists (there really don't seem to be an awful lot of women cyclists around) Keep wearing (for cycling).
noooooooooooooooooooo the mental image is killing me
Reply 7
But... women don't bandage up their breasts to hide the shape.
Reply 8
paintedfolk
But... women don't bandage up their breasts to hide the shape.

but not many men get shocked at the outline of a pair of breasts - lots of women do at a man-package in lycra shorts.
Oh please god no. I'd find men covered in sewage more attractive than men in cycling shorts.
Reply 10
bikerx23
but not many men get shocked at the outline of a pair of breasts - lots of women do at a man-package in lycra shorts.

If we had a bicycle revolution there would be a cycling shorts revolution and no more shock-horror. It is only because it is not ordinary, common enough.

Sorry, am I missing the point here? Is this about the fashion-disasterness(?) of cycling shorts or the 'bulging' of it all... I see nothing wrong with either. Cycle on!
paintedfolk
If we had a bicycle revolution there would be a cycling shorts revolution and no more shock-horror. It is only because it is not ordinary, common enough.

I'd still find it disgusting.
Reply 12
I see plenty of them on the river and around general boathouse area. In some people it's definitely a case of too much (or too little!) information. And NEVER wear any colour other than black.
Reply 13
paintedfolk

Sorry, am I missing the point here? Is this about the fashion-disasterness(?) of cycling shorts or the 'bulging' of it all... I see nothing wrong with either. Cycle on!

I think its more than man-tackle is less frequently visible, whereas breasts cannot be hidden so easily. Obviously though its proliferation would remove such taboos.

And, just before anyone baulks, I cant afford cycling lycra...
Reply 14
they are quite like granny pants. theyre also uncomfortable.
Reply 15
If you have the body then you can pull them off - it's like girls in a thong bikini or something. The perfect body will look good but anybody else... just don't go there
Reply 16
Anyone else got any opinions?
Reply 17
Sadly, I think it just depends on who wears them. If you look good and stuff, fine, but if you don't and are skinny/fat/not perfect then people will throw used-up heavy duty batteries (how did I come up with that?) at you.
Reply 18
It's weird on cyclists, because they shave their legs and generally look odd. Kinda like REALLY clean born again Christians who you just know are in the closet. Or Jehovah's WItnesses who come to the door looking all pious and then when you tell them to **** off get all ****ty. Anyway....

Rowers, on the other hand, I am eternally grateful for the preview cycle shorts provide.
If you happen to be Jake Gyllenhaal, then yes, you really look good in cycling shorts.

If not, then not so much.

Latest