The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

who gets treated worst? ugly women or short men?

Poll

who has it worse?

I think ugly women get treated worse since society pressures women to look a certain way, but short men might have less luck when it comes to getting a relationship, what are your thoughts?
(edited 10 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

All the gents are going to vote short men and all the gals are going to vote ugly women, when most of us are neither.

Saying that, there's some angry people on here...
Reply 2
Ugly women.

I'm quite short and have never had it affect me at all.
I think ugly women are treated worse
i wish i could change the title to 'who has it worse'
Reply 5
I think that ugly woman have it worse. I also think that woman are pressurised to look a certain way and if they don't they will be judged harsher than men who are short. Woman are judged for being an individual and different from other woman. I think that short men are treating in a way that can be seen as harsh however it comes across in a more jokey way, men usually take things easier than woman without sounding sexist.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Maybe short men since you can't change your height and men can't wear heels to compensate, whereas an ugly girl can undergo plastic surgery or wear make up and still get male attention. Also what's ugly in your eyes can be stunning to someone else so it's all subjective.
Ugly women for certain. :sad:
Reply 8
Original post by RosyPearl
Maybe short men since you can't change your height and men can't wear heels to compensate, whereas an ugly girl can undergo plastic surgery or wear make up and still get male attention. Also what's ugly in your eyes can be stunning to someone else so it's all subjective.

height is so overrated, I am tall , doesn't give me an advantage over a short good looking counterpart
Intrinsically ugly women can't recover the situation in any way as regards desirability; a short man can still be Tom Cruise.

Compare the attractiveness of Duncan Bannatyne and Deborah Meaden. They're both fairly ugly people but hot twenty-something guys wouldn't pursue Meaden for her money and professional success, whereas I could certainly see that the other way around.
Original post by darkhorse85
height is so overrated, I am tall , doesn't give me an advantage over a short good looking counterpart

I think most girls don't care how tall a guy is as long as he is taller than her.
Personally I wouldn't go for a guy who is shorter than me, even if he's good looking, so height does matter to an extent.
no matter how ugly she is your still not allowed to hit her for talking some dumb ****.
Reply 12
Given the plethora of options available to women for them to deceive society about the actually level of physical attractiveness as well as our alcohol culture, when it comes to relationships, dating and flings they are at little hindrance.

I don't come across 'cosmetic' stilts very often, despite the emphasis women put on height.
I have seen guys be called for being short only a few times, but in school, girls that were 'ugly' would get called pretty much every day.
Reply 14
All of the really short men I've known have been really popular. I knew one guy that seemed to know literally everybody at uni.
Ugly women would be treated more worse.

Short height just simply make the guy look less masculine but to some people it maybe consider as cute instead?
Reply 16
Original post by RosyPearl
I think most girls don't care how tall a guy is as long as he is taller than her.
Personally I wouldn't go for a guy who is shorter than me, even if he's good looking, so height does matter to an extent.

Why, I've never really understood this?
Original post by Zarek
Why, I've never really understood this?

Well I just think it's an instinctive thing that girls generally feel secure and protected around taller guys. Also if a girl is in a relationship with a guy who is smaller than her it just looks weird :s-smilie:
Ugly women for sure. And not the pretend ugly that attention whores with low self esteem claim to be.

Nothings wrong with being short and it may be seen as cute. Ugly is, by definition, not attractive.
(edited 10 years ago)
Ugly people, unless they're just attention whoring by saying they're ugly when the're not. People that do that need a slap.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending