The Student Room Group

Should I change driving instructor?

I've been learning to drive since the end of January, and have currently completed 11 hours with a driving instructor but I feel as though I'm getting no where!

For my first 3 TWO HOUR lessons, I drove around the same housing estate again and again and again. I get it I was new to driving and had to practise moving off, stopping, and junctions but I could manage all of this within my second lesson? But I still had to put up with the same estate for another 2 hours:mad:

After that, we progressed and my instructor said we'd do "Main roads", hardly main roads. It was another housing estate down the road which included 1 mini roundabout and a set of traffic lights. I had to do this loop around the estate again and again, and I've been doing it for 5 HOURS (Which is 5 x 1 hour lessons) and I am fed up! I can do it. I've been able to do it since the first time I did that estate!

After my 4th time on the "main road" estate, my instructor said that we'd do "busier main roads", so I was excited (even though I was fed up of the same loop), but I got in the car yesterday for my next lesson and then they said "We're doing the same loop, I don't want to take you on main roads today" as in they couldn't be bothered. :mad:

Also they always car way too much about the condition of their car, I agree I'm sure they don't want scratches on it but on my first lesson I had to pull up along a kurb and stop, and she shouted at me for "possible scratching her wheels" ugh.

And finally she never tells me how to improve, If I do something wrong she says something as in she's fed up of me making mistakes and never tells me how to prevent them in the future:confused:

All in all, I've got no where after 11 hours where as my friends with other instructors on their 3rd lesson had actually left my town.

I also go driving with my dad and I've managed to complete 3 maveuvers with him, I told my instructor and asked if we could do them and she said "No you're not ready" WHAT?

I've already not booked another lesson with her, I'm fed up! £300+ down the drain.
I don't get this thread. Why are you asking the question when the answer is so blindingly obvious? If you hired an A-Level maths tutor to teach you maths and after six hours of coaching he was only comfortable with you counting to ten, would you think he is a good tutor that justified the cost?
Reply 2
Original post by Hippysnake
I don't get this thread. Why are you asking the question when the answer is so blindingly obvious? If you hired an A-Level maths tutor to teach you maths and after six hours of coaching he was only comfortable with you counting to ten, would you think he is a good tutor that justified the cost?

this
Reply 3
Yes, change driving instructors. My driving instructor is a thick ****ing waste of space and I'm planning on having one more driving lesson and then have a huge argument with him and tell him off for ripping me off, then I'm changing. It's a disgrace how they think they can rip you off.

Good luck in finding a new one and hopefully they're better! Don't give them a good review and make sure nobody you know takes them.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending