The Student Room Group

9 weeks until first exam!!!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by nocoolusername
Yeah it will. Are you also doing AQA maths.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ye :smile: you doing mechanics aswell?
Original post by cuckoo99
Ye :smile: you doing mechanics aswell?

Yep. Thats my last exam. I start with maths and end with maths.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 22
9 weeks is 63 days you git, have a heart.
Sadly this is not true. Past papers need to be done excessively for all those subjects if you have any hope of getting a B+.

I agree with the guy. Maths does not need to be "revised" It needs to be learnt so revising is unnecessary.
Original post by L'Evil Fish
Trollol. You don't need to revise as early though!

:mmm: I feel really guilty when I get good results and people work so hard and fail, so I'm not a bad person!

I'm lazy too :woo: And I only have one maths exam this year so...

Fair point, my main problem is coursework anyway (Tech subjects need to die :colonhash:) and English.

Haha, same, I normally try and keep a straight face whenever I get any results and don't really tell anyone unless they ask me (and even then, I play it down if they didn't do too well.)

Some people in my class are just douches though, saying they don't revise when they blatantly do just to look 'smarter' :pierre:

I don't know if it's the same with you, but I can never get motivated to start, but when I do I normally work all out to get it done :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 25
Yep. Thats my last exam. I start with maths and end with maths.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nice. I've got like 12 exams or suffin crazy like that loool. 6 maths exams ;p
Exam technique is key in successful science and maths exams.....

Not key, I had no past papers done at all and got full UMS worth in Physics AS mock.

A2 Maths I did some past papers, for my actual exams last year though, not excessive amounts though.
Original post by Old_Simon
I agree with the guy. Maths does not need to be "revised" It needs to be learnt so revising is unnecessary.

This is exactly what I think, if you have a solid understanding of the underlying concepts and know WHY and HOW things work instead of just memorizing stuff from a textbook, no revision is necessary.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 28
Original post by Old_Simon

Doing past papers is considered as revising.... if you don't do past papers then i don't understand how you can get B and above....unless you are a genius kid but even then exam technique is key part in getting high percentages in exams.
Why are you all on tsr moaning?! GO REVISE!
Reply 30
My exams starting in 3 days... So damn stressed :/..
Original post by Secretnerd123
Why are you all on tsr moaning?! GO REVISE!

Cos we're procrasturbating™

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 32
Can we not talk about that right now? I haven't even begun writing revision notes :frown:
Reply 33
Original post by sonurda
My exams starting in 3 days... So damn stressed :/..

Why so close?! :O
Doing past papers is considered as revising.... if you don't do past papers then i don't understand how you can get B and above....unless you are a genius kid but even then exam technique is key part in getting high percentages in exams.

Well I guess it depends on what you regard as "learnt" in the first place.
Reply 35
thats over 2 months away, you have enough time to learn all of your alevels from scratch nevermind just revise them, why the stress?
Reply 36
Original post by L'Evil Fish
Trollol. You don't need to revise as early though!

:mmm: I feel really guilty when I get good results and people work so hard and fail, so I'm not a bad person!

I'm lazy too :woo: And I only have one maths exam this year so...

didnt u flop c4 (maybe c3?) and m1 lol

:rolleyes:
Nice. I've got like 12 exams or suffin crazy like that loool. 6 maths exams ;p

I only have 8 exams in total. My worst day will be 3rd june. Got two exams after the other. :angry: going to be tired.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by newblood
didnt u flop c4 (maybe c3?) and m1 lol

:rolleyes:

Well they said higher than a B? And I got As in them all. So somehow don't think an A is a flop :colonhash:
I only have 8 exams in total. My worst day will be 3rd june. Got two exams after the other. :angry: going to be tired.

Posted from TSR Mobile

same here!!! i have 2 exams on june 3rd as well and they are both in the afternoon for some reason:s-smilie: -____-

Quick Reply

Latest