The Student Room Group

Living in a rut. , how to get out

I find my life very boring, I have a boring minimum wage job, which I am finding very hard not live in day dreams because it's not enjoyable and there is no drive. I have a rubbish degree, no friends or social life. I live with my mum And she doesn't do anything, but she is quite old now. So it just feels depressing, we run out of things to say to each other pretty quickly so I feel completely alone. I see people on facebook travelling or in good careers and feel like I'm wasting my. Life away. The problem is I don't know what I want to do, I like to idea of travelling but I'm quite shy so I'd be worried about doing it, plus my mum would worry which is another stressor. I wish I had mates to go with. I feel like I live in my head and my self esteem is just low always. I am always feeling bored, I never laugh or smile. It's not that I'm humourless it's just I. Have no close friends to bond with. When I was a kid I thought it would be good being a adult, that I would feel free because I hated school, but I feel exactly like I felt when I was a kid, just stuck unhappy and like I have no options even though I should have loads. How do I get out of this rut
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
x

Do you want to go back to studying so you can maybe get a better job?
Reply 2
You need to decide what you want to do with your life. Whether that be travelling, a new job or even further study. I hope it all comes well :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by meenu89
Do you want to go back to studying so you can maybe get a better job?

I have wasted a lot of money on a pointless degree already, I can't waste any more. There feels like no way to get a better job, I wouldn't mind an apprentichip but you can't get one if you have a degree. Every year I have a birthday I feel so low so I am. It growing up or done nothing fun or worthwhile with the year,
. I feel immature

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending