The Student Room Group
Frenchay Campus, Bristol University of the West of England
University of the West of England, Bristol
Bristol
Visit website

Film with Screenwriting @ UWE?

Hi!
I got a conditional offer for Film with Screenwriting at UWE but I haven't really found any discussion about it anywhere. I'm a bit confused by the fact that no one seems to be talking about it, does anyone know if the course is actually any good? I also got a conditional offer from Bournemouth Uni for Media Production and right now I have no idea which one I should go for.

Also, I've never been to Bristol, what's it like as a city? In a nutshell. Like is it expensive, what's the nightlife like, is it easy to get from point A to point B there?

Thanks! :smile:
Reply 1
Okay what is this bull****. I guess information just travels way slow to where I live, I just got a letter that they're not even doing this course anymore. Why would they let me apply for it then, let alone give me an offer for it..? It says nothing about the course not existing on the UCAS website or the offer I got, only on UWE's own site. I can't even apply for any other course anymore on UCAS instead since I already applied for five places and this is taking the space even though it doesn't exist? UWE is now trying to offer me a place on their english course but why would I apply for a film course if I wanted to study friggin english, get your head out of your ass UWE.
Frenchay Campus, Bristol University of the West of England
University of the West of England, Bristol
Bristol
Visit website
Reply 2
Exactly the same happened to me! I was so frustrated as I'd already put it as my insurance choice. Luckily I have an unconditional for filmmaking and creative media at UWE.

Well done for the Bournemouth offer, it sounds fantastic! :smile:
Reply 3
Well good thing you have the other offer :B

The Bournemouth offer would be great but english isn't my native language so turns out Bournemouth wants me to take some crazy expensive language test that I really don't think I can afford. It's stupid, I already scored the best possible grade for english in my finals which is pretty damn rare where I come from, you'd think that'd be enough but I guess not... So looks like I'm not going to university in September after all, thanks UWE -.-
Reply 4
Oh nooo that's awful, sorry to hear that :frown:

You could always go through the clearing courses towards the end? I have no idea how it works but I'm sure there would be some places on film courses.

Good luck to you anyway, whatever happens! :smile:
Reply 5
I guess I'll have to find out more about the clearing thing or just hope I get a job sometime soon so I can pay for the language test. My parents already said they would pay for it but I don't have the heart to make them do that and it's not like they really have the money either. Thanks and good luck to you too with everything! ^^

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending