The Student Room Group

can someone mark my much ado about nothing essay

Shakespeare has presented Benedick as someone who is miserable and insincere as he believes he is too weak to love.

for example "prove that i lose more blood with love than with drinking"

This quote suggests that it's impossible for Benedick to love making himself present miserable infront of the audience.He's insincere as he is evencombing the loss of blood with love which implies that he is too weak and has a negatie view about love.The hyperbolic words like'lose more blood' are used in a negative and violent way against love sugesting that he is opposite to the insincere love .Shakespeare uses words like 'more and 'than' to emphasise the fact that he is strongly against love and shows that he is willing to prove and give up anything to show that he hates being in love.These words sows that Benedick will be happy if he looses his blood for drinking not for love.This makes the reader feel that Benedick is over exaggerating the fact that he's against love and gives a hint to the reader that if he did fall in love it wouldnt be sincere as he is trying so hard to prove that he is against love.This also creates a negative view of Benedick for the sudience as they might be someone who truly believes in love.However,this could also mean that,some audience may feel Benedick is right and may support him as they might think he is doing this to save Claudio's life by removing his love for Hero,which makes he reader feel sympathetic towards Benedick as he tries so hard to do this.We can compare this to Claudio's ridiculous,over exaggerating love.'can the world buy such a jewel'This quote is a sharp contrast to Benedick's view about love,Claudio is over the top about love and comments more on appearence that her personality because in the Elizabethan era this was vital to be included in an act.This quote shows tht he is relating Hero as a jewel.In addition to that,we can also link this to Benedick's attitude in this scene to one of the other quote he says,"wrong to mistrust any" this shows that he's acknowledging that not all women is bas=d and will cheat which gives a hint that he does like women.Finally,this is also similar to Beatrice's attitude towards love."I had rather hear my dog bark at a crow that a man swear he loves me"She says that the negative sides/views about their love in the same way as Benedick does,this could also mean that there is a possibility that they might be in love/unite with each other as they share similar characteristics.

Can you see if this PEE paragraph i good and make some corrections please.What level would you give his?
One general piece of advice that I would give is that you should think about how you introduce a quote. Instead of quoting a line as a sentence on its own and then saying "this quote shows ...", make it flow by saying "we see Shakespeare's hyperbolic language intensify as benedick says " prove that i lose more blood with love than with drinking". Then explain your point.

I hope this helps.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending