The Student Room Group

College (sixth form)

Hey guys,
I have an question. Do I have to be british and live in the UK and attend a secondary school in order to apply for a college or sixth form and be accepted?
Now I am attending The English College in Prague (IGCSE COURSE) and I am thinking about applying for a college in order to have A-levels, my school offers "just" IB.

THANKS FOR THE TIPS. :smile:)
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by Madla Spadla
Hey guys,
I have an question. Do I have to be british and live in the UK and attend a secondary school in order to apply for a college or sixth form and be accepted?
Now I am attending The English College in Prague (IGCSE COURSE) and I am thinking about applying for a college in order to have A-levels, my school offers "just" IB.

Please help...
Reply 2
Hey guys,

I think you need to be a bit more patient...

Anyway, are you planning to move to the UK in order to take A-levels?

I mean, I am currently in a smaller city in France attending an international school (IGCSE) and I am going to another school in France for Sixth Form.

You could find another international school or British school in Prague which offers A levels.

To go to a school in UK, you need to have the right visa to live there, but you don't need to be British. As you have IGCSE (or will have), they will accept you as long as you have 5 C's or more (some schools want B or more too but whatever)...
But I think it is kind of too late to apply for visa and schools for September 2014.
Reply 3
Original post by C0balt
I think you need to be a bit more patient...

Anyway, are you planning to move to the UK in order to take A-levels?

I mean, I am currently in a smaller city in France attending an international school (IGCSE) and I am going to another school in France for Sixth Form.

You could find another international school or British school in Prague which offers A levels.

To go to a school in UK, you need to have the right visa to live there, but you don't need to be British. As you have IGCSE (or will have), they will accept you as long as you have 5 C's or more (some schools want B or more too but whatever)...
But I think it is kind of too late to apply for visa and schools for September 2014.

Thank you very much.
I am about to apply for September 2015, because I am doing my IGCSE in May 2015. Here, in the Czech republic there is no school offering A-levels. So you are saying, it is much more easier to apply for a college than for the secondary or primary school (you have the difficult proces with departments).
Because I am about to move there during the summer holidays in 2015. So I just have to apply as a normal british student and have a visa(-I think I do not need it) and good grades(no problem) and I will be acepted?
Thanks a lot. :smile:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 4
Thank you very much.
I am about to apply for September 2015, because I am doing my IGCSE in May 2015. Here, in the Czech republic there is no school offering A-levels. So you are saying, it is much more easier to apply for a college than for the secondary or primary school (you have the difficult proces with departments).
Because I am about to move there during the summer holidays in 2015. So I just have to apply as a normal british student and have a visa(-I think I do not need it) and good grades(no problem) and I will be acepted?
Thanks a lot. :smile:

Well, I'm not from EU (Japan) so I needed visa.
I don't know about Czech-UK so you need to check on google or something.

Normally, if you live in Britain, you just need to apply to whatever school you want to go. Filling an application form and send reference from your current school (recommendation letter) and just wait for the school to accept you.
I think your parents will do "Moving to Britain" part, because it can be a bit more complicated (but I don't know exactly)
Reply 5
Original post by C0balt
Well, I'm not from EU (Japan) so I needed visa.
I don't know about Czech-UK so you need to check on google or something.

Normally, if you live in Britain, you just need to apply to whatever school you want to go. Filling an application form and send reference from your current school (recommendation letter) and just wait for the school to accept you.
I think your parents will do "Moving to Britain" part, because it can be a bit more complicated (but I don't know exactly)

Thank you :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest