The Student Room Group

GCSE Revision Tips

I hoping to get all A's and B's at GCSE so obviously I need to be revising now...
Does anyone have any revision tips that helped you get good grades? :smile:
Reply 1
-Focus on your weak points (People I know tend to do go over things they know because it's easier to memorise).
-Revise for about an hour then give yourself a 20minute break and return to studying.
-Find the best way you learn! Whether it may be through videos, posters, notes, mind maps etc.
-Don't procrastinate!
-Past papers, you get more practice and you know what the examiner is looking for.

This is what I do and I'm predicted As. ^^
Hope we both achieve our grades! :biggrin:
Original post by maddiegarcia
I hoping to get all A's and B's at GCSE so obviously I need to be revising now...
Does anyone have any revision tips that helped you get good grades? :smile:

for me at this stage I have decided not to depend on teachers or tutors and basically for me this is the time where I put my independent learning into action. You should make your own revision packs! And also go through all your notes I've been predicted A*-B's good luck :smile:
im predicted A*s and As and I still havent started revising yet.....i need to start but cba :frown:
Reply 4
Original post by Asiret
-Focus on your weak points (People I know tend to do go over things they know because it's easier to memorise).
-Revise for about an hour then give yourself a 20minute break and return to studying.
-Find the best way you learn! Whether it may be through videos, posters, notes, mind maps etc.
-Don't procrastinate!
-Past papers, you get more practice and you know what the examiner is looking for.

This is what I do and I'm predicted As. ^^
Hope we both achieve our grades! :biggrin:

Thankyou! Hope you achieve all the grades you want!
Reply 5
I've found going over past papers, extracting what the examiner wants and learning it off by heart has done me charms. Another habit is writing down the information in my own words, no, not in bullet points, but in actual word-to-word where I'll be able to remember because it's MY style of remembrance. Perhaps that'll be of use to you?
Good luck.
(Predicted B's all across, I've been revising since Jan)
Reply 6
Original post by Magistl
I've found going over past papers, extracting what the examiner wants and learning it off by heart has done me charms. Another habit is writing down the information in my own words, no, not in bullet points, but in actual word-to-word where I'll be able to remember because it's MY style of remembrance. Perhaps that'll be of use to you?
Good luck.
(Predicted B's all across, I've been revising since Jan)

I've never thought about doing that, thankyou!! :smile:
Reply 7
What some people might find hard to do is ~Be Bothered~ :rolleyes:

This is one of the most important things, even when your feeling tired or would rather do something else, maybe spend an hour or two everyday going over topics your not so confident in.

It doesn't even have to be that long, every little counts!

Just remember that it doesn't hurt to start early! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest