The Student Room Group

Does anyone do (or has done) Thinking and Reasoning Skills Level 2?

What is it like? I need to choose a short course.
Reply 1
No idea, but if it's anything like Critical Thinking, it should be pretty interesting (as long as you aren't forced into it.) I find all the fallacies very interesting and it is surprising to see how much they are used in general life, and it really does help you when thinking about deep issues, although I can't say people would really be bothered whether or not you did it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by majmuh24
No idea, but if it's anything like Critical Thinking, it should be pretty interesting (as long as you aren't forced into it.) I find all the fallacies very interesting and it is surprising to see how much they are used in general life, and it really does help you when thinking about deep issues, although I can't say people would really be bothered whether or not you did it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

It is like critical thinking I think. I have to choose a short course so I an stuck again between this and a foreign language leader (like a sports leader)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by karmacrunch
It is like critical thinking I think. I have to choose a short course so I an stuck again between this and a foreign language leader (like a sports leader)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Umm, I would go with Critical Thinking since language leader isn't a real qualification (or is it? :s-smilie:).

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Umm, I would go with Critical Thinking since language leader isn't a real qualification (or is it? :s-smilie:).

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's not, that's what i was thinking but the Lang. Leaders is really easy apparently and i can deal with that... that sounds so lazy :tongue:
Thinking and Reasoning isn't even a GCSE but it's Level 2 so an equivalent...
I'm just worried that it will be too similar to RS?
It's not, that's what i was thinking but the Lang. Leaders is really easy apparently and i can deal with that... that sounds so lazy :tongue:
Thinking and Reasoning isn't even a GCSE but it's Level 2 so an equivalent...
I'm just worried that it will be too similar to RS?

Something being easy is never a reason to do it, I'm in Year 11 and people say the subjects I've chosen for A Level are really hard but I do them because I want to :smile:

Meh, kind of, I've looked at the spec and it does involve some stuff like that but the reasoning and arguing skills are very interesting (it changes the way you think about things, I've started seeing fallacies in pretty much everyone's arguments now :tongue:)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Something being easy is never a reason to do it, I'm in Year 11 and people say the subjects I've chosen for A Level are really hard but I do them because I want to :smile:

Meh, kind of, I've looked at the spec and it does involve some stuff like that but the reasoning and arguing skills are very interesting (it changes the way you think about things, I've started seeing fallacies in pretty much everyone's arguments now :tongue:)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Is it like Rs??? I want some variety in what I've chosen-
German
Product Design
Geography
RS
Lang. leaders or Thinking and Reasoning

Posted from TSR Mobile
Is it like Rs??? I want some variety in what I've chosen-
German
Product Design
Geography
RS
Lang. leaders or Thinking and Reasoning

Posted from TSR Mobile

Some of the content is similar and the question style is similar, but it's quite different as it focuses on the way you think and analyze things.

I would take it over Lang, can't see any point in having two languages IMO. I don't even do one.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Some of the content is similar and the question style is similar, but it's quite different as it focuses on the way you think and analyze things.

I would take it over Lang, can't see any point in having two languages IMO. I don't even do one.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank youuu! :smile: I'm going to ask someone who does Lang. Leaders as well before I tick the box!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest