The Student Room Group

When do you apply for Student Finances?

When do you apply for student loan? Do I have to wait until I hear from all of my choices before I apply or can I do it now? One of the unis that I (most likely) will be going to requires £1000 deposit for housing. And lets be honest I don't have just £1000 lying around a house. :smile:
Reply 1
I have same problem with housing deposit, and u dnt need all ur offers. I've applied already, I'd do it asap
Reply 2
If I recall correctly, you can apply now. You don't need to have a confirmed choice yet, just remember to change it when you actually firm if you need too - it just helps get the ball rolling if you do it now! Just apply as if you were going to your chosen university.

However, you will not get any finance until at least your first day of term, once you have enrolled in person. So, unfortunately you will need to find that £1000 in the meantime. I suggest talking to that university for support and more information regarding that deposit. It seems awfully high - is it a London based uni?
Reply 3
You can apply now.

You can pretty much whizz through the application set up if you know what your firm is going to be.

Quick Reply