The Student Room Group

Edexcel IGCSE triple/double science

Hi, I just made this group for anyone doing IGCSE sciences to discuss revision and the exam :smile:
I think that IGCSE Chemistry is the most evil thing on earth, and I'm pretty sure I'm going to teach myself the whole syllabus over Easter. :'( Definitely need to start revision for it soon.
Reply 2
How's your revision going guys? Chemistry is not agreeing with me at the moment... :frown:
Reply 3
I hate chemistry and physics sooo much!!!! Tried revising but i just cant get my head round it! Anyone got any ideas if topics that could come up in either paper??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Anyone doing Biology?
Original post by Nijuuninichi
I think that IGCSE Chemistry is the most evil thing on earth, and I'm pretty sure I'm going to teach myself the whole syllabus over Easter. :'( Definitely need to start revision for it soon.

dont think like that if you think so negative your exam will come negative .. chemistry in fact is easier than biology ... make sure you understand the topic first and practice in order to understand it better the solution for chemistry is practice look on youtube how to do calculations and jump from website to website once u understand it just do a past paper and see how it goes mark it rigorously until you get the grade you want trust me i went two grades up from doing this i was at a C grade in chemistry sometimes D now the minimum I get in chemistry past papers are B or a very low A!!
Original post by Bazbaz
Anyone doing Biology?

am doing biology and to be honest is alright ... wbu
Original post by Bazbaz
Anyone doing Biology?

me .. I guess the best way to revise for biology is to go through each bit in the specification + a CGP revision guide.:smile:
Reply 8
Original post by Anne james
me .. I guess the best way to revise for biology is to go through each bit in the specification + a CGP revision guide.:smile:

The CGP revision guide is my life :smile:
Reply 9
Original post by Anne james

Every time I do a past paper I find something that I just do not know... I didn't even know that magnesium ions did stuff until now :/

That said, I got 155 so it should be fine :biggrin:
Reply 10
Original post by danconway
Every time I do a past paper I find something that I just do not know... I didn't even know that magnesium ions did stuff until now :/

That said, I got 155 so it should be fine :biggrin:

I came across saprotrophic nutrition doing the 2013 biology paper today... My teacher overlooked it.
Reply 11
im doing all 3 sciences for IGCSE edexcel :frown: how da **** do i start revising for it??

need to start revising for my other exams as well and have only got 3 weeks left :frown:
Reply 12
Original post by #ting
im doing all 3 sciences for IGCSE edexcel :frown: how da **** do i start revising for it??

need to start revising for my other exams as well and have only got 3 weeks left :frown:

Start now. go through the specifications ( you can find them online) and work out what you do and don't know. Revise the stuff you don't know, then start doing past papers.
Reply 13
Original post by Bazbaz
Start now. go through the specifications ( you can find them online) and work out what you do and don't know. Revise the stuff you don't know, then start doing past papers.

the thing is i just cba
ive got the specifications printed out and have bought the CGP revision guides but ive got 12 GCSEs to do and 24 exams to do-i dont think i can do this :sad:
Reply 14
Original post by #ting
the thing is i just cba
ive got the specifications printed out and have bought the CGP revision guides but ive got 12 GCSEs to do and 24 exams to do-i dont think i can do this :sad:

Well if you don't bother, then you certainly won't do it. Just sit down, turn off your music, turn off the computer and work. It's the only way I'm afraid.
What are your predictions like if you don't mind me asking?
Reply 15
Original post by Bazbaz
Well if you don't bother, then you certainly won't do it. Just sit down, turn off your music, turn off the computer and work. It's the only way I'm afraid.
What are your predictions like if you don't mind me asking?

my predictions are A*s for all 3 but for my mocks i got B for Biology C for Chemistry and physics :frown:
Reply 16
Original post by #ting
my predictions are A*s for all 3 but for my mocks i got B for Biology C for Chemistry and physics :frown:

Well, if your predictions are A* then you're obviously capable of it. If you sit them and get 3 Cs instead of 3 A*s because you didn't put in the work at the last stage, you're going to feel crap. And the worst part is you'll have no one to blame but yourself. So seriously, in the nicest possible way, get off TSR and start working. :smile:
Reply 17
Original post by Bazbaz
Well, if your predictions are A* then you're obviously capable of it. If you sit them and get 3 Cs instead of 3 A*s because you didn't put in the work at the last stage, you're going to feel crap. And the worst part is you'll have no one to blame but yourself. So seriously, in the nicest possible way, get off TSR and start working. :smile:

:rofl:
loooooooooool okay then :biggrin:

seeeee yaaaaaaaaa :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest