The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
uh i dont think i can think of much...but yeah i got through sooo many pads of writing paper and a huge block of printing paper cause i had my own printer/scanner and couldnt get anything to print at college lol! i also reccommend buying some of those big fat ringbinders cos the little ones jsut aren't big enuf in my experience....well there alright for somethings but like i try to keep one terms work per file....so i guess it depends on what u prefer...but yeah loads of binders...cant think of anymore stationery stuff u might need i left all the kitchen etc...well most of it...till the xmas sales...to buy..i borrowed a bit off my parents till then....
Reply 2
Highlighters. a comfy pen that you can write very quickly with, retractable pens and a reporters notebook for practical work e.g. dissection, revision: coloured paper, post its, gel pens etc. and loads of printer paper and lever arch files!!!! ooh and a scanner and recordable cd's if u make lots of use of blackboard.
Reply 3
wot about dictaphones? do any of you use those? do u get given planners ?
Reply 4
uh i know some people record lectures on their phone etc....it seems a very good idea but so far ive not tried it.....we didnt get given planners i dont think....yeah highlighters r like essential and coloured pens etc are sooo useful for revision i found...but it some of my friends couldnt cope with the colourful pages...with like 10 shades of writing so i guess it depends how u revise....l
highlighters and coloured pencils are your saviour! or at least they were mine!! i couldnt cope without my highlighters!! or my diary, i bought an academic letts diary coz i like to be organised and it came in very useful. erm, as has been said, ring binders(big ones) that have nice pics n pretty patterns etc to make revision more bearable, erm, hole punch and stapler are always good as flat mates usually borrow them! scissors, sticky tape, white tac etc... just the usual i think.

tessa, which flat were u in in mb? i think i mite b in ur room nxt year!!
Reply 6
Thanks everyone I think i got all the stationary stuff sorted now, im presuming that we bring our own bed linen and kitchen stuff ? Also does it get drastically cold around sept - dec...im sorta on a clothes buying role now with all these sales :smile:
Reply 7
oh yeah hole punch..yeah def essential if u've brought loads of ringbinders lol....im so bad at thinking!!!

uh northern lass i was in flat 530 in B block room C i think...lol....

how many 2nd years are there going to be in MB next year.....sounds like quite a few,....im moving all the way out to manor house this year...not looking forward to "the commute" lol
Reply 8
northern_lass
highlighters and coloured pencils are your saviour! or at least they were mine!! i couldnt cope without my highlighters!! or my diary, i bought an academic letts diary coz i like to be organised and it came in very useful. erm, as has been said, ring binders(big ones) that have nice pics n pretty patterns etc to make revision more bearable, erm, hole punch and stapler are always good as flat mates usually borrow them! scissors, sticky tape, white tac etc... just the usual i think.

tessa, which flat were u in in mb? i think i mite b in ur room nxt year!!

I got one of the little Letts academic diaries last week, it's so cute! Never thought I'd say that about a diary.... At least it's small enough to carry around with me.

Oh, and if you can't find a ring binder with a pattern you like, just cover a plain one with pictures of your favourite things. I did that for sixth form, and it kept me in good spirit.
tessa
oh yeah hole punch..yeah def essential if u've brought loads of ringbinders lol....im so bad at thinking!!!

uh northern lass i was in flat 530 in B block room C i think...lol....

how many 2nd years are there going to be in MB next year.....sounds like quite a few,....im moving all the way out to manor house this year...not looking forward to "the commute" lol

yeah im in your room nxt year!! how strange! hehe! you best have looked after it lol!

i think theres 4 flats of 7 and 4 of 6, but im not sure how many have dropped out coz i think a lot have!

who are you living there with? im not looking forwad to the travel from mb, how are you going to cope?! hehe
Reply 10
lol.....im dont think i am gonna cope with the commute lol thats y im scared...lol.....nah ive decided im old enough and ugly enough and need to learn how to commute.....especially after my work experience at blue cross hospital in merton (south london)where loads of vet nurses had over an hr commute with some like an hour and a half each way(from like north london , heathrow, surrey...miles away!!!)...and i was just like :eek: so if they can do it im sure ill have to learn to manage lol.....

thats soooo strange lol....um looks around room.....sure....its spotless :hmmmm: well near enough lol...u get a good view from up here......can see the london eye, bt tower and stuff!!!! :cool:

um really!!!! have that many pple dropped out :eek: omg......i think i know of one person who might have dropped out...and its soo sad...but do u know pple have def dropped out then.....without even resitting :eek: ....damn vet school being so hard!!!!!!.....dont worry new freshers...u'll b fine lol....dont panic about such things yet lol! thats quite a few second years in MB then..cool!!

btw how did u know that it might b my room lol....im curious lol....

um im living with 6 girls in our year ..rosanna heard, emma bateman, kim halford, jen calder, lisa brown, michelle riddlestone. do u know all the people u are living with....i know some of the people who are gonna b living in the flat opposite you...ones in the same room as this year
tessa
lol.....im dont think i am gonna cope with the commute lol thats y im scared...lol.....nah ive decided im old enough and ugly enough and need to learn how to commute.....especially after my work experience at blue cross hospital in merton (south london)where loads of vet nurses had over an hr commute with some like an hour and a half each way(from like north london , heathrow, surrey...miles away!!!)...and i was just like :eek: so if they can do it im sure ill have to learn to manage lol.....

thats soooo strange lol....um looks around room.....sure....its spotless :hmmmm: well near enough lol...u get a good view from up here......can see the london eye, bt tower and stuff!!!! :cool:

um really!!!! have that many pple dropped out :eek: omg......i think i know of one person who might have dropped out...and its soo sad...but do u know pple have def dropped out then.....without even resitting :eek: ....damn vet school being so hard!!!!!!.....dont worry new freshers...u'll b fine lol....dont panic about such things yet lol! thats quite a few second years in MB then..cool!!

btw how did u know that it might b my room lol....im curious lol....

um im living with 6 girls in our year ..rosanna heard, emma bateman, kim halford, jen calder, lisa brown, michelle riddlestone. do u know all the people u are living with....i know some of the people who are gonna b living in the flat opposite you...ones in the same room as this year

Im friends with some of the people in your flat now, helen n amita. i got my room through n helen told me it was her flat n that it was your room, just thought id check it was you!! feel free to leave me a nice pressy if you wish! lol! quick qu, which way round is your room? as in which side of the bed is up against the wall? im trying to plan out my room!!

the people who are living oposite, is that nats flat? im trying to work out where all the second years are going to be!

i think it will be nice to be a second year amongst freshers, i will look after you all and get you all drunk (if you all promise to carry me home after the pub crawl and beer drinking!).

i cant wait for freshers! so you better all be there at everything! im going to try to go to as much as poss! so bring on the freshers flu!!
Reply 12
cazhorsey
just a quick note to ask all you first years etc out there what do we need for first year in terms of planners, pens paper etc etc...theres a load of sales on so im buying now ! :biggrin:

Indelible ink pens are incredibly useful for veterinary sciences:
Hamsters and small furry beasties may need to have areas for surgery delineated with an ink 'target' area for the practice surgical cutting operations done in the laboratory surgery.

Don't buy red indelible ink - the lines drawn on the hamster (or a.n.other furry practice surgery patient); because red lines may not be seen after the first cut, and copious rivers of hamster blood floods the 'operating area'.
:smile:

:tsr2:
Reply 13
lol freshers flu....oh joy!

um yeah oh ok cool yeah nats flat

uhhhh the bed is against the wall on ur left as u walk in the door/looking out the window..so yea the bathroom is on the the left as u walk in....lol.....yeah its gonna b weird not living here anymore next year...like with everyone in the same building.....but living in a house should b gd!
Living in Halls in 2nd/3rd year rocks! I'm going to be in Halls in Bristol for my 3rd year next year- can't wait for all the freshers to move in, so much fun! Any Bristol-bound vets on here applied to Goldney?
Vet In Progress
Living in Halls in 2nd/3rd year rocks! I'm going to be in Halls in Bristol for my 3rd year next year- can't wait for all the freshers to move in, so much fun! Any Bristol-bound vets on here applied to Goldney?

Tamsin my darling dearest! How isthee?! Oh the joys of Brizzle and obviously the goreous Goldney (ooo check out the attempt at alliteration!!)! Am missing Goldney and Bristol dearly, but still enjoying the North and espesh the sunnyness- have a fairly decent tan! So what interesting events have you been getting upto in the past couple of weeks? Upto much EMS?xxx

Oh n re stuff we need everyone else, a comfy pillow for some of the lectures (oops, shouldn't say that!), lots of money and a box to place the remaining shreds of you're dignity after a few crazy vet events!
Reply 16
I believe you've all missed the essentials of shot glasses, box of fancy dress gear and a book of drinking games! lol
Toby T
I believe you've all missed the essentials of shot glasses, box of fancy dress gear and a book of drinking games! lol

oh yes, fancy dress is essential! last year i was decked out in; 70s gear, an old woman for beerienteering (we wer by far the best team!), minnie mouse, pjs, a farmer, a cowgirl, a psyco patient, a gangster and a vampire, as well as the odd bits of crap iv accumulated!
Reply 18
im struggling to decide whether to bring my PC or my laptop? my laptop isnt the best as ive had it for years but its a tad less bulky than my PC, but my PC is quicker...do you use the computers alot?
cazhorsey
im struggling to decide whether to bring my PC or my laptop? my laptop isnt the best as ive had it for years but its a tad less bulky than my PC, but my PC is quicker...do you use the computers alot?

power point and email by far the most used. they put lectures up on blackboard (intranet) so you get them off that and download them. then you use them when your writing up your notes. you also use internet and stuff. i would recomend your laptop as you can move it about easily, but its up to you.

Latest

Trending

Trending